Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

22 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I think the Raiders could trade for Rodgers and keep their 7th pick overall.  Say a 2 and 3 this year (assuming the trade is made by draft time) and conditional picks in '24 and '25.

Another option would be to start the trade off with a swap of 1st Round picks between the teams, and go from there.

I could go with a swap of 1st rounders and their 2nd this year and go from there.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They won't, which is why it's pointless to even list SF as an option. They aren't.

I've already said that San Francisco was in the unlikely, but possible territory along with Tennessee and Washington.  I've got Las Vegas and NY Jets as by far the two most likely landing scenarios.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Are you sold on any of the QB's in this draft class? 

I'm not advocating one way or another for Lance, who I think the 9ers are holding onto, just curious. 

This QB class to me, has more questions than answers. Not as bad as last year's class, but no real locks IMO. 

No.  CJ Stroud is probably my QB1 right now, narrowly over Bryce Young.  I really think those are the only two potential franchise QBs in this year's class.  Anthony Richardson is way too boom-or-bust for my liking, and despite Josh Allen's success being in a similar mold there's way too long of a history of busts for me to taking him early.  If you're talking about Day 2 or later, than I get the gamble but you're more than likely be looking at QBs next year or the following year.  There's a silent Will Levis fanbase, but I'm not one of them.  He just never looked the part, and didn't really improve which is an issue for me.  Hendon Hooker is probably the best "value" QB in the draft depending on where he goes.  You get him late Day 2, early Day 3 and I think there's enough upside there.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

No.  CJ Stroud is probably my QB1 right now, narrowly over Bryce Young.  I really think those are the only two potential franchise QBs in this year's class.  Anthony Richardson is way too boom-or-bust for my liking, and despite Josh Allen's success being in a similar mold there's way too long of a history of busts for me to taking him early.  If you're talking about Day 2 or later, than I get the gamble but you're more than likely be looking at QBs next year or the following year.  There's a silent Will Levis fanbase, but I'm not one of them.  He just never looked the part, and didn't really improve which is an issue for me.  Hendon Hooker is probably the best "value" QB in the draft depending on where he goes.  You get him late Day 2, early Day 3 and I think there's enough upside there.

CJ Stroud looked to me like a product of the talent at WR. Whole lot of those throws guys were wide, wide open, I didn't see him getting to his second and third progression much either. That concerns me. 

Isn't Hendon Hooker like 26 years old or close? That is a major red flag for me as well. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

CJ Stroud looked to me like a product of the talent at WR. Whole lot of those throws guys were wide, wide open, I didn't see him getting to his second and third progression much either. That concerns me. 

Isn't Hendon Hooker like 26 years old or close? That is a major red flag for me as well. 

LIS, none of the QBs to me are the guy I'd hang my hat on.  If I'm a GM, I look to build the supporting cast up and try again next year with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye.  As for Hooker, he's my value QB pick.  He just turned 25 years old a few weeks ago, but give him a year in the system and get healthy and he's probably the best non-Day 1 pick that could be a starting QB.  If I'm a team without a young QB on the roster, and I get him in that 3rd-5th round range, I'd do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, none of the QBs to me are the guy I'd hang my hat on.  If I'm a GM, I look to build the supporting cast up and try again next year with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye.  As for Hooker, he's my value QB pick.  He just turned 25 years old a few weeks ago, but give him a year in the system and get healthy and he's probably the best non-Day 1 pick that could be a starting QB.  If I'm a team without a young QB on the roster, and I get him in that 3rd-5th round range, I'd do it.

Hooker in 3rd to 5th round, I'd be all over that. Maybe not 3rd round for us because our 3rd round picks have not turned out well. 

Edited by Old Guy

22 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yes but why do people keep bringing this up?  What do the packers want with trey lance they don't already have in Love?

A qb with NFL arm talent, and movement skills? Same reason TT drafted Brian Brohm in the Second. Terrible pick, but correct logic.

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I couldn't fathom trading a top 10 pick on a QB who will be 40 half way through the year. But we are the Raiders so we'll do something dumb.

Raider nation, rumor is you better pack your #7 overall in this draft +++ to get in the game. Pony up, my money is on a reunion with 'Tae in Vegas! 

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Interesting!

Per Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, “One source said that general manager Joe Douglas is admitting to people in the league the (Jets) franchise will go all out in the attempt to bring (Aaron) Rodgers to Gang Green.”

https://fansided.com/2023/02/02/aaron-rodgers-rumors-jets-confident/

Let the bidding begin! 

• Like 2