Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We definitely don't want to trade away Bakh. Would be a terrible decision.

plus we trade Jones and Bak with Rodgers all of our big cap hits are this year, and next year we can run our Cap like a healthy team.

We can draft a RB2 in rounds 3-4 in the draft to play the 3rd down role along with Dillon

Gibbs, Achane, Mitchell, Spears

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

plus we trade Jones and Bak with Rodgers all of our big cap hits are this year, and next year we can run our Cap like a healthy team.

We can draft a RB2 in rounds 3-4 in the draft to play the 3rd down role along with Dillon

I'm totally fine moving on from Aaron Jones. But we should keep Bakh for sure. It's as sensical as keeping Kenny Clark.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

If RB Jahmyr Gibbs (arguably the best pass-catching RB in the draft) were somehow still on the board in round 2, I'd have to at least think about it. A bit rich, but he might replace what Aaron Jones had given us the best.

Edited by DWhitehurst

17 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope the Packers Organization grows some stones .. still afraid they really do want the guy back for another go around.  Hopefully they actually do get the proverbial offer they can't refuse to deal him elsewhere.  So, so tired of the entire #12 act.

If Packers' management doesn't trade Rodgers this spring is it because they don't have any stones or they don't have faith in Love?  If they trade AR away and 12 plays great while Love bombs jobs could be lost.  But if Love has progressed like we all hope he has then Gute will make a deal and get the best return on our investment in Rodgers all these years.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

If Packers' management doesn't trade Rodgers this spring is it because they don't have any stones or they don't have faith in Love?  If they trade AR away and 12 plays great while Love bombs jobs could be lost.  But if Love has progressed like we all hope he has then Gute will make a deal and get the best return on our investment in Rodgers all these years.

I think it's time to trade Rodgers because he's got a year or two left and you can get something for him.  

I have little faith in Love being more than a middle of the road QB, but that doesn't mean it isn't time to get something for Rodgers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm totally fine moving on from Aaron Jones. But we should keep Bakh for sure. It's as sensical as keeping Kenny Clark.

Like I agree with you, but....

I love Aaron Jones.  And he's not slowed down at all.  If there is a RB with his age that could get a decent 3rd deal, it's him.  I think our under usage (if that is a phrase) has kept him pretty healthy and pretty explosive.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I love Aaron Jones.  And he's not slowed down at all.  If there is a RB with his age that could get a decent 3rd deal, it's him.  I think our under usage (if that is a phrase) has kept him pretty healthy and pretty explosive.

I like Aaron Jones the player and the person so I'm also totally fine making it work to keep him. 

I like him. But I'm also ok if we go another direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think people wanting to move on from a player(s), is about disliking them. It's about where we are headed for the next few years and will that player still be productive when we get there? If the answer is probably not, sell high. 

For me, that includes Rodgers, Bak and Jones, probably Preston Smith as well. I also get why people want to keep Bak around as an example. Give your QB the best LT you possibly can. 

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think people wanting to move on from a player(s), is about disliking them. It's about where we are headed for the next few years and will that player still be productive when we get there? If the answer is probably not, sell high. 

For me, that includes Rodgers, Bak and Jones, probably Preston Smith as well. I also get why people want to keep Bak around as an example. Give your QB the best LT you possibly can. 

...and I want Jordan to have players around him that will help him succeed.  Jones is also one of them.

I admire many things about Jones.  But this year, he showed no evidence of slowing down, at all.  He was as quick and fast as ever.

Which is why I said...for an older RB he's the one that I could see getting a good third contract.  From us, or someone else.  Kid still has wheels on him.

• Like 1

I think the concern about moving on from a RB earlier than later is well-taken.   However, I think Aaron Jones is unique as he hasn't been a heavy usage back and will still be 28 until Dec 2023.    Over his 6 seasons and 86 gms he's only carried the ball 1035 times (+receptions).   During the last 4 years as the primary back he's only had 5 gms with 20+ carries.  He had 6 gms alone this year with fewer than double digit carries.   

22-23  22nd most carries in NFL  (AJ Dillon #39)

21-22  #33  (AJ Dillon #39)

20-21  #12

19-20  #17

Caveat being carries aren't the only concern - you still need to account for unofficial carries, hits after receptions and wear-and-tear for a small back in pass protection.   He's just not heavily utilized as a runner (like a Henry or Chubb) and I think his value is that he's so effective as a receiver that he can still be a big part of any offense even if his insane YPC starts to decline and he continues to cede carries to a 2nd back.    

• Like 1