Week 15: Colts (4-8-1) at VIKINGS (10-3)

swede700

Game 14

NFL_Colts_OLD1at NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&he

When:  1:00 PM EST December 17th

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: NFLN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Noah Eagle, Nate Burleson, Tom Pelissero, Lindsay Czarniak (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: C Garrett Bradbury (back), NT Harrison Phillips (back), LB Patrick Jones (illness), LB Danielle Hunter (neck), CB Cameron Dantzler (illness), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Colts - Questionable: None, Doubtful: CB Brandon Facyson (illness), Out: WR Mike Strachan (concussion), CB Kenny Moore II (ankle)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If the Vikes can’t come away with a convincing win, I think we ought to be concerned. Now is the time of the year to build momentum and we’re doing the complete opposite of that. 

Clearly not...but, the 1987 Vikings team that went to the NFCC did lose 3 of their last 4 in the regular season (including losing in OT to the team they'd eventually lose to in the NFCC).  The 2000 team (the 41-donut team) lost its' last 3 and the 2009 team lost 3 out of it's last 5.  Not that we'd want to replicate that, but there is history there. ;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

NOT GREAT, BOB.

That sucks, but either way, Darrisaw is pretty much critical to a playoff run for us. Not easy to lose your top 5 LT and still come away with wins, especially with a statue at QB. (unless you're Kyle Shanahan maybe)

29 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

That sucks, but either way, Darrisaw is pretty much critical to a playoff run for us. Not easy to lose your top 5 LT and still come away with wins, especially with a statue at QB. (unless you're Kyle Shanahan maybe)

Kirk doesn't run for big plays, but he's no statue. He's been moving all over for weeks, keeping plays alive. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Kirk doesn't run for big plays, but he's no statue. He's been moving all over for weeks, keeping plays alive. 

His pocket presence has been better this year, you're right. Still, I don't feel comfortable having him try to evade pass rushers. This offense is at it's best when he can see the field and make his reads.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bradbury and Harrison Smith should be back for this one, right?

The depth on our team at some positions is rough.

O-Line depth around the league is an issue. As is overall O-Line play. There aren’t many teams that can feel confident if two of their starters are out. Maybe not the thread for this, but I’m becoming increasingly convinced that teams should build their offensive line first (depth included), then worry about everything else. If you can wear down defenses in the running game and give even an average QB 3.5-4.5 seconds to throw, you’ll win a lot of games. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

O-Line depth around the league is an issue. As is overall O-Line play. There aren’t many teams that can feel confident if two of their starters are out. Maybe not the thread for this, but I’m becoming increasingly convinced that teams should build their offensive line first (depth included), then worry about everything else. If you can wear down defenses in the running game and give even an average QB 3.5-4.5 seconds to throw, you’ll win a lot of games. 

Build from the inside out. Trench warfare is where the game is truly won and lost. If you can control the line of scrimmage, you can control the game. 

• Like 3

I’d sit Darrisaw again.  Unless you’re 100% confident that he is as healthy as he will be come playoffs. I’ll go with Udoh for this one, even though that scares me, a lot. 

I had this marked as a trap game many weeks ago. I still see it that way. Vikings refuse to do anything to improve the defense, even handing over play calling duties to someone else. So, when you continue to ignore it, you deserve to reap what you sow. 

Let’s not do ourselves a disservice. I don’t see how, if our defense gives up another 450+ yard offensive performance to the Colts, that no alterations are made. 

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bradbury and Harrison Smith should be back for this one, right?

The depth on our team at some positions is rough.

How deep do you expect them to be at OL? Like, I don't get this idea that somehow they can miss two starters and it not be an issue. The depth at safety is an issue partly due to injury, and that's not in the GM, though the pick is.

• Like 1