Week 15: Colts (4-8-1) at VIKINGS (10-3)

swede700

Man that was a Jekyll and Hyde of a game.

I was with the crowd of doubters in the first half saying that this team is just playing like trash and not worthy of a division crown. I couldnt blame Donatell for that first half though, even though i really wanted to.

Special teams were junk and there were some bad throws/playcalling, etc that put the D in a bind. Gotta give them credit for that 2nd half though, they didnt give up and made plays when they had to. I still am not a fan of Donatell and want a change there in the offseason, though im sure they will give him another year with more of "his players" to run it. We'll see what happens.

KJ Osborn was a baller for us today, he turned it on big time. Wish that one catch would have stood, looked good to me but of course we werent getting any calls up to that point. JJ is the best in the league...period. SO DANG GOOD!!! Takes a beating and just continues to show his skills. We're lucky to have him. And even though Kirko Chainz was off on quite a few throws, he gutted it out and delivered a "YOU LIKE THAT?!!" like none other. What a phenomenal comeback win! Terrible that we had to come back from that much and gives more doubt going into the playoffs, but we cant be counted out.

Was definitely holding my breath for the Joseph game-winning field goal. He doesnt instill any confidence in me at all, but he made it when he needed to most. Kudos!

All I can say is SKOL! We're division champs!

Now lets go lock down that #2 seed and see what this team can do in the playoffs. Never count us out even when it seems luck isnt on our side. 

• Like 10

Not only did the Vikings complete the largest comeback in NFL history (33 points), but Kirk Cousins threw for the most pass yards in the second half and overtime in league history (417 yards).

The Vikings clinched the NFC North in the process and notched their 10th one-score victory of the season. They are the first team since the 2019 Seattle Seahawks to have 10 one-score victories in a season and the first team to have a 10-game win streak in one-score affairs. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-15-saturday-grades-vikings-earn-b-for-epic-comeback-ravens-put-in-poor-effort-vs-browns/?fbclid=IwAR3qUj6ZgI4-H7OIbqCkOYKlAcvkEbSVtVfLnfoDXkq7Vv71W4R_fBDYgcw

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Indy isn’t a bigger market team than Mn and wouldn’t say they have a national following. this crew needs to be fired, they were terrible. 

No. They'd rather have The 49ers with The NFC #2 seed than The Vikings, to assure that ratings will be higher for the NFC championship game.  

I'm not serious here.  But it really does seem to me that The Vikings over the last 40-50m years,  have gotten the short side of fairness overall, and The Packers, Cowboys, California, and New York City teams have gotten more than their fair share of calls during that time.  In any case, I agree that NFL officials should be given permanent, full-time jobs (perhaps hired by a private company who supplies them to various levels of football leagues (Canadian, European, US College), and training, and be fired, or demoted to lower leagues when they miss a threshold level of calls), and the supplying service is owned jointly by the different leagues that use its services, and beholden to it to supply adequate game officials.  And there should be ways such obvious errors can be corrected (e.g. subject to video review).  How can a play standing straight upward and not touched by an opponent player, from the time he scooped up the ball and reached the end zone, be considered as "touched while on the ground"???  It's ridiculous.  And there were two other calls like that which were just as grievous, and took Vikings' points off the board, or took possession away from them unfairly.  There should be some recourse to correct such obvious incorrect calls given that we have the video technology to do that.  I don't care if more reviews slows down the game.  Better to not have such bad calls reverse the winners and losers of games.

I loved this win, but they need to have a long hard look at what happened in the first half. That was one of the most uninspired performances I’ve seen, with unforced errors, mental mistakes, and bad coaching.

Poor Chandon Sullivan he’s had dropped surefire pick 6s and now multiple TDs taken away. He seems this close to a big play pretty often.

nice to see Greg Joseph deliver in a big spot again.

• Like 4

FF when KC and Buffalo make a big comeback: Mahomes and Allen are so clutch MVP MVP MVP

FF when Minnesota comes back to beat Buffalo and makes the BIGGEST COMEBACK IN NFL HISTORY: Frauds, gonna go one and done, lucky, Kirk Cousins sucks, +2 point differential lol

I'm getting 2003 Panthers vibes from this team. Call em lucky all you want, this team is harder to kill than a swarm of roaches.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 5

If anyone needed more proof that ESPN’s QBR metric is severely flawed, this game might be exhibit A. 

Cousins’ QBR v Indianapolis = 33.0 

Ryan’s QBR v Minnesota = 31.4

For a metric that claims to take the “weight of the play” into account, a metric that is designed to grade a QB’s full game, not just their efficiency like passer rating, how can you possibly have watched yesterday’s game and come away with the calculation that Cousins’ performance and Ryan’s performance were relatively equal?

• Like 3

Just now, SemperFeist said:

If anyone needed more proof that ESPN’s QBR metric is severely flawed, this game might be exhibit A. 

Cousins’ QBR v Indianapolis = 33.0 

Ryan’s QBR v Minnesota = 31.4

For a metric that claims to take the “weight of the play” into account, a metric that is designed to grade a QB’s full game, not just their efficiency like passer rating, how can you possibly have watched yesterday’s game and come away with the calculation that Cousins’ performance and Ryan’s performance were relatively equal?

Honestly though, QBR is not even worth critiquing: we all know it's a joke. In 2015 they said Brady had a terrible game against Dallas, even worse than Brandon freaking Weeden, when he absolutely shredded them. According to QBR, Charlie Batch played the greatest game ever by a QB against TB back in 2010.

Outscored 33-0 in the fourth quarter of their most recent game, a 54-19 loss to Dallas on Dec. 4, the Colts came back fresh from their bye week and stunned the Vikings with a 33-0 halftime lead that was the second-largest in the NFL this season. Cincinnati led Carolina 35-0 on Nov. 6.

The intermission deficit for Minnesota was the second-biggest in franchise history, behind a 45-10 score at Seattle in 2002.

The Colts now have been outscored after halftime 72-9 in their last two games.They had a six-game winning streak against the Vikings stopped. The last time Minnesota beat Indianapolis was in 1997, the final game the Colts played before they drafted Peyton Manning.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/comeback-king-vikings-set-nfl-rally-record-in-win-vs-colts_n_639e4f65e4b0f4895adc16a9

Saturday had a bad Saturday.

• Like 1

I have been a Vikings fan since I was 7 years old.  I am 3 weeks shy of turning 62.  That means I have experienced a lot of good, some great, and a tremendous amount of crap.  I have been elated and I have been mad and frustrated.  This season has been different then any other season I have experienced. 

This Vikings team is not the most talented,  although the best player in the league is on the team.  It's not the worst by far.

What makes this team different from any other Viking squad is how scrappy they are.  They are full of will, especially defensively...in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Maybe they take something from KOC.  Or, maybe they are the right mix of knuckleheads that continue to amaze...when they really shouldn't be. 

Whatever it is, I am liking the roller coaster ride.  I am not trying to make sense of this season.  I am just enjoying it, and will continue for however long it lasts. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I am 3 weeks shy of turning 62. 

Whatever it is, I am liking the roller coaster ride.  I am not trying to make sense of this season.  I am just enjoying it, and will continue for however long it lasts. 

first of all... punk.

second, that's the attitude to have. good man.

• Like 2