Week 15: Colts (4-8-1) at VIKINGS (10-3)

swede700

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

If Raeger wasn’t the PR would he even have a spot. Would seem like PR is a need just to get Raeger off the team. 

And it's not like he's Dante Hall back there. ISM was cheaper, a more capable receiver, didn't cost draft compensation, and wasn't that big of a downgrade at PR (all other things considered). 

Although ISM did win that Bears game for us...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If Raeger wasn’t the PR would he even have a spot. Would seem like PR is a need just to get Raeger off the team. 

He would. Yesterday was a bad game, but just a couple weeks ago he made some great plays that had people calling for him to see the field more. 

I said it in another thread, or earlier in this one, but I’m very interested in seeing what a full offseason in the offense, and a full offseason working with McCardell could do for Reagor. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He would. Yesterday was a bad game, but just a couple weeks ago he made some great plays that had people calling for him to see the field more. 

I said it in another thread, or earlier in this one, but I’m very interested in seeing what a full offseason in the offense, and a full offseason working with McCardell could do for Reagor. 

Agreed.  He was a 1st rounder for a reason.  He clearly is struggling in his mental awareness on the field, but if they can get a full offseason with him and if he is dedicated to improvement (which is always a question), he certainly has the skills to be developed.  

I'm trying to think of the best trio of receivers we've had.

We have this years group (Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn) the 2017 group (Thielen, Diggs, Wright), 2009 (Rice, Berrian, Harvin) and of course 1998 (Moss, Carter, Reed)

If we had to rank them (best to worst) it would go:

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

3 days ago a lot of people were thinking that he should maybe be getting more snaps than Osborn. 

I think we could do a lot worse for a4th WR.

I know I've never said that...he clearly has the potential to be the 3rd string (after Thielen is gone), but Osborn is clearly a better WR at this point.  

On 12/17/2022 at 6:36 PM, vikesfan89 said:

They will win this way all of the way to the Super Bowl to become the worst Super Bowl winning team 

This is honestly what I fear the most as a Packers fan. Every bone in my body is telling me this Vikings team is fraudulent but when you watch them the offensive talent is undeniable. Theres something to be said about them winning these close games in improbable fashion, there are maybe a handful of teams explosive enough to pull it off and the Vikings are one of them.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I know I've never said that...he clearly has the potential to be the 3rd string (after Thielen is gone), but Osborn is clearly a better WR at this point.  

I never thought that either but I would like Raeger to get close to 10 plays a game to mix it up a little and to give Thielen a few more plays off to keep him fresh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm trying to think of the best trio of receivers we've had.

We have this years group (Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn) the 2017 group (Thielen, Diggs, Wright), 2009 (Rice, Berrian, Harvin) and of course 1998 (Moss, Carter, Reed)

If we had to rank them (best to worst) it would go:

1) 1998 - Moss, Carter and Reed. Two HOFers in their primes (and yes, rookie Randy was already in prime form) and Jake Reed had a couple 1000 yard seasons too. 

2) 2017 - Prime Thielen was an All-Pro caliber guy. Diggs is going to be a HOFer and was just shy of peak form. Wright was very solid. 

3) 2022 - JJ is in HOF form. Maybe even rounding into GOAT form. However, Thielen is clearly on the downside of his career. He's old reliable now, but he's not a home run threat anymore. KJ is getting better and looking like he's ready to make a jump to a legit #2, but the consistency isn't there yet. 

4) 2009 - Rice had a career year. Harvin was a gadget guy, but was one of the best screen/YAC guys ever. Berrian, was a decent deep threat. But this group was made by Brett Favre. 

• Like 5