Week 15: Colts (4-8-1) at VIKINGS (10-3)

swede700

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

No quit in this team. It really is amazing. KOC has moments you scratch your head, but he's clearly connected with the players in a way I've not seen in Minnesota in some time. 

Isn’t KOC the second youngest HC. He’s got years to perfect his craft, figured there would be a learning curve but no one figured it would be with a 11-3 team.

• Like 2

I have been very impressed, overall, with O’Connell. He hasn’t been perfect, but who could possibly expect that? 

I thought he got a little too cute in his play calling against Detroit, and it continued in the first half of this game. But I was equally impressed with his adjustments and his play calling in the second half of this game. 

• Like 3

I woke up this morning and re-read game reports and box scores and team stats just to be sure I hadn't been dreaming about that comeback yesterday.   No, I didnt drink myself to euphoric heights, nor did I partake in any of Alaska's legal greenery😂

But, I did love every minute of the fourth quarter and OT.  This team and its coaching staff really do appear bonded and synergistic (yep, that's an out of date buzzword nowadays).   

Truthfully, I still don't like Donatell and his defense . . . Really, why kick off to the opponents?  Just spot the ball on the Vikings 15 and have at it.  That said, looking back, 14 of the Colts points came from a their ST and D play.   So, holding their offense to one TD and 5 FGs is a winning formula.

No, the refs didn't help us one darn bit, except on the Matt Ryan sneak on 4th down.   I thought the Vikes D held, but if the game had been in Indy, that's a 1st down.  

Offensively, this team is kicking it . . . I mean Beastie Boys You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party! -- KICKIN' IT!!😎

• Like 4

On Kirk Cousins . . . He passed 54 times yesterday and got hit or sacked 18 times.  There were other pressures too . . . The Colts defensive front is good, but Cousins kept slinging it.    He's playing faster in all aspects of his craft.   Part of that's KOC but most of its the trust between him and his receivers.  The O-Line will probably be disappointed when they watch tape, but they shouldn't be . . . Just get better, don't step on Kirk's feet, don't hold or jump, but do relish unsportsmanlike penalty calls when mopping up opponents that need a lesson.  

Cousins has graduated to having big ole titanium ones . . . He'll keep this team in games . . . Between him and the weapons, they're really never out of it.  

I'd much rather they play with a lead the whole game and cruise through 4th quarters with an 18 point lead though.

• Like 6