Cardinals QB Kyler Murray tears ACL

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Presumptuous. I'd wait to see how the playoffs play out before concluding anything about Lamar. This was the first week Ravens finally have their offense assembled with Stanley, Dobbins, and Edwards healthy for the stretch run. 

Not really. That Organization has no desire to pay him 50M a year, let alone the fully guaranteed BS he's now expecting post Warson fiasco. If they did,  they would of locked him in even cheaper before the 2022 season.

The Baltimore Ravens will Kirk Cousins Lamar Jackson and if some other Organization wants to trade for him and give up 2 -3 1st rd picks, see ya! Watch.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not really. That Organization has no desire to pay him 50M a year, let alone the fully guaranteed BS he's now expecting post Warson fiasco. If they did,  they would of locked him in even cheaper before the 2022 season.

The Baltimore Ravens will Kirk Cousins Lamar Jackson and if some other Organization wants to trade for him and give up 2 -3 1st rd picks, see ya! Watch.

I don't think you are accounting for the pressure the FO would face if the Ravens make a decent run in the playoffs to keep Lamar. A city like Baltimore has a large community that is very supportive of Lamar, if Biscotti kicks Lamar to the curb it would decimate the Ravens brand in the city horribly. Think about the optics. 

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't think you are accounting for the pressure the FO would face if the Ravens make a decent run in the playoffs to keep Lamar. A city like Baltimore has a large community that is very supportive of Lamar, if Biscotti kicks Lamar to the curb it would decimate the Ravens brand in the city horribly. Think about the optics. 

Yep that's the wildcard with Lamar - he's unanimously loved by the city and if the Ravens choose to keep Greg Roman over Lamar (because I just don't believe they move on from both), the city will absolutely revolt against this team no matter how good the Ravens do with/without Lamar.

Of course it's a completely reasonable take at this point to not pay Lamar when you see how he's played the last 8 games combined with the last 3 seasons since winning MVP. He hasn't shown he deserves it IMO, but it is what it is. We paid Joe Flacco, we'll probably pay Lamar.

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It would have t be a long AFCCG/SB run to change my post above. I just don't believe tgey intend on signing him long term. Might go full Texans.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Of course it's a completely reasonable take at this point to not pay Lamar when you see how he's played the last 8 games combined with the last 3 seasons since winning MVP. He hasn't shown he deserves it IMO, but it is what it is. We paid Joe Flacco, we'll probably pay Lamar.

This. But who knows.

6 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

He is saying they are the worst except for Denver. 2nd worst position. Not 2nd best or best.

There really can’t be a worse scenario than Denver right now though. Arizona comes close. 

Cons:

Team is for sale, so no guarantee of stability.

The cap is stretched for the foreseeable future. 

Russell Wilson has to be salvaged… good luck salvaging someone with a front office. 

Pros: Denver would be really cool to live in. 

1 hour ago, Leoric said:

There really can’t be a worse scenario than Denver right now though. Arizona comes close. 

Cons:

Team is for sale, so no guarantee of stability.

The cap is stretched for the foreseeable future. 

Russell Wilson has to be salvaged… good luck salvaging someone with a front office. 

Pros: Denver would be really cool to live in. 

Denver isn't as bad as people think it is. Just get Hackett out of there and they should improve substantially. Russ doesn't even need to be good/great he just needs to not completely suck. That defense is good enough to get them 10 wins with an offense that isn't literally the worst in the league.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StatKing said:

Denver isn't as bad as people think it is. Just get Hackett out of there and they should improve substantially. Russ doesn't even need to be good/great he just needs to not completely suck. That defense is good enough to get them 10 wins with an offense that isn't literally the worst in the league.

There’s zero guarantee and probably a highly likelihood that whoever ends up purchasing the Broncos will want to hire their own HC/GM. It’s just not a good situation for any HC that has options. Like if you’re getting your first shot and it’s a long shot then of course you snag it but if you’re going to get multiple offers Denver is not going to top the list until ownership stabilizes. 

38 minutes ago, Leoric said:

There’s zero guarantee and probably a highly likelihood that whoever ends up purchasing the Broncos will want to hire their own HC/GM. It’s just not a good situation for any HC that has options. Like if you’re getting your first shot and it’s a long shot then of course you snag it but if you’re going to get multiple offers Denver is not going to top the list until ownership stabilizes. 

If they were a team in the midst of a full rebuild, I would agree that it's a terrible choice for most HC candidates because you're just setting yourself up to get fired in a couple years when the new owners arrive.

They are a team trying to compete for a championship right now, any coach that doesn't win is going to get fired regardless of the new owners. If the coach they hire after Hackett manages to string together a couple 10+ win seasons I don't know how new ownership could fire him without causing a huge uproar.

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

He'll get one if he makes to it free agency healthy in 2 years.

No one else is Getting a 100% guaranteed contract.

Watson was an outlier. We saw it with Kyler and Russell. Those look like disasters now btw 

Edited by CP3MVP

24 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

No one else is Getting a 100% guaranteed contract.

Watson was an outlier. We saw it with Kyler and Russell. Those look like disasters now btw 

Kirk Cousins got a fully guaranteed contract when he hit free agency. Lamar will get one from a team if he hits the open market.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Kirk Cousins got a fully guaranteed contract when he hit free agency. Lamar will get one from a team if he hits the open market.

Why? So Lamar is signing a 3 year deal for 84 million dollars like Kirk?

I also like how people initially claimed the ravens would eventually cave and give him the fully guaranteed deal and are now moving off they and claiming it will happen in free agency lol

Edited by CP3MVP