Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

On 12/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Apparently the Lions only score like 15 points on the road compared to 30+ at home?  I don't think their DL is good enough to throw our offense out of rhythm.  Davis in is huge but I still don't think they have anyone to match up with Garrett.

Reed and/or Sauce are due for picks.

Don't worry MLF will keep the game close. MLF will make sure the Jets don't score any 1st quarter points as is his M.O. for the year one T.D. for the whole season in the first Qtr. any other OC would be fired, and let's not forget he hasn't a clue on how to score in the red zone. Detroit is playing its best football of the season right now. This is not an easy win.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:10 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Vegas has the Lions as road favorites. Won 5 of 6 and at their seasons peak while the Jets are in their season low just barely hanging on losing 3 of 4. Goff has only thrown 2 TD passes in all his away games this season.

This usually has beatdown written all over it, but for some reason I’m not that confident. 

MW has no TD's in his last 2 games, but that may be a MLF issue. But heck were good for what 6 field goals!

8 minutes ago, Big T said:

Sadly the Jets could run the table and still miss the playoffs if SD does the same. SD schedule is a cake walk in comparison. 

Its really more about NE winning out. If they lose a game and we win out we are in. Miami has to play NE BUF and NYJ. If both SD and NE win out we are screwed BUT even CIN has @TB (i'll be there unfortunately) @NE vs.BUF and vs.BAL so someone has to lose these games. If we take care of business we will get in. Cheifs have a very easy schedule to finish up so if they keep winning BUF isnt going to lay down for NE week 18. This could really get exciting. Just gotta win. 

Not looking good for Q. If he can't go we are in trouble. Move JFM inside and let JJ, Huff and Clemons get more reps. Lawson also needs to step up substantially. He may get a sack here and there but he is invisible most of the time. Give me the motor guys in this game with Q out. JJ/Huff-JFM-Rankins-Lawson/CLemons. I dont want to forget Shephard either whose been solid. All hands on deck. Q is a gigantic loss for us going against one of the best OLs in the game. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Not looking good for Q. If he can't go we are in trouble. Move JFM inside and let JJ, Huff and Clemons get more reps. Lawson also needs to step up substantially. He may get a sack here and there but he is invisible most of the time. Give me the motor guys in this game with Q out. JJ/Huff-JFM-Rankins-Lawson/CLemons. I dont want to forget Shephard either whose been solid. All hands on deck. Q is a gigantic loss for us going against one of the best OLs in the game. 

This is going to be a very tough game. They are a very hungry team, but so are we and Saleh needs to have these guys ready on Sunday. Their offense has been humming as of late, but that was never really their problem. They have good backs and excellent WRs with Jameson in the mix now. Really hoping that Goffs road struggles continue in this one. We have the DBs and match up well.

Looks like their defense sold out and held Dalvin Cook to under 2 ypc but let Jefferson go off. We need to find a way to score points in this one. If we are dropping passes and fumbling, and the OL is letting free rushers hit MW again we are going to lose big. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see us get a few RTP calls in our favor this week.

Edited by GangGreen420

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Getting Corey Davis back would be big as well. As defenses start to focus on Wilson, he can eat the same way he did during his last season with AJ Brown on the other side. 

I think losing him last week was bigger than we think. Obviously Q is on another level, so it's not comparable. But for a QB to have that big target with string hands helps when trying to fit the ball in tight windows.

Lions secondary isn't good. Okudah is their only good player and I imagine he'll mostly follow GW around. So if Davis can play and Moore can keep getting targets. We can move the ball on them. I also think GW > Okudah and wont be able to shut him down.

Does look like Qs chances to play are getting slimmer though.

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Welp Zach starting vs Detroit. I do not like our chances what so ever. This team is cursed lol.

Yes not good news for us. Must be bc White's rib injury is still a risk to get worse and maybe puncture organs.

It will be interesting to say the least to see how Zach handles this opportunity. 

54 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Welp Zach starting vs Detroit. I do not like our chances what so ever. This team is cursed lol.

According to Bobby, Mike White was losing us games

We should be okay. but seriously a loss here we should just play Wilson down the stretch. 

Edited by GangGreen420