Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We are going to have to win this game at the LOS and I can tell you this, if we don’t have Q…it’s a bigger loss than MW. If our OL plays like it has the last two weeks this game won’t be winnable unless Zach is unbelievable, which has yet to happen. If W plays I think we can keep it close. Hard to feel confident and it really is such a shame that injuries yet again are completely derailing this team. Corey Davis might as well just stay home since he’s been nothing but a waste of cap space and is never available. 

W or L against Lions may be irrelevant but I wonder how much of fun will we enjoy watching that game.

31 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wilson is starting against Lions?????????????     What a moronic strategy made by Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh.

Jets demoted Wilson to scout work and Wilson is ready to roll after 2 weeks in scout crap?   It makes zero sense at all unless Wilson's development is finished (abandoned).

Douglas should sign a journeyman or a veteran to PS in line for starting gig as an emergency qb if White is no go.

He's starting bc White isn't cleared to play. 

Ffs. No point in dumbing down the offense just to put up 150 yards through the air. Let Zach play the same way White has and let’s see if he can put up the 300+ yard games. 

In the situation we are in I’d rather know what Zach is once and for all. He should be able to move the ball against this Lions defense. If he can’t then even the biggest ZW fan knows it’s curtains for him here. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

3 weeks can’t fix his deficiencies. 

My positivity is hanging on a thread right now. 

My hope is White returns soon. My gut tells me Wilson will throw for 150yds in a win, and Saleh won't give White his position back. He's been talking about getting Wilson back on the field since being benched. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Ffs. No point in dumbing down the offense just to put up 150 yards through the air. Let Zach play the same way White has and let’s see if he can put up the 300+ yard games. 

In the situation we are in I’d rather know what Zach is once and for all. He should be able to move the ball against this Lions defense. If he can’t then even the biggest ZW fan knows it’s curtains for him here. 

This. If we come out playing some scared offense where we are trying to hide the QB I’ll start to question the staffs ability to handle the position. Take the training wheels off and let him play. If it’s a disaster, so be it.

Tye optimistic side to this is you eliminate the 2 NE games and Wilson was 5-0. And NE has a very good defense. Easy to forget that he did beat BUF the game before we benched him.

I’ll be the 1st one to say Wilson has been awful. And those 5 wins weren’t exactly bc of him. But he didn’t turn the ball over. He also wasn’t taking what defenses gave him. Optimistically I think watching White could have only helped him. See how quick hitters can help. I also optimistically can recognize DET doesn’t have a good defense. When Wilson was starting he had some rough defenses he went against. So the combo of getting benched and inactive opening his eyes. Seeing the way the offense can be run different than he was. And easier defenses than what he was going against. Maybe he plays well.

I still wouldn’t bet on it. But I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him play well too.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Optimistically I think watching White could have only helped him. See how quick hitters can help.

We can only hope. However, the issue with Zach was not going for the quick hitters, it was his inability to accurately throw to them. I still think it all comes down to panic when the ball is snapped. He becomes a one read QB for fear of looking elsewhere. If his primary read is not wide open, he holds the ball waiting for it to develop.

I'm just going to expect the worse so I can feel better if it doesn't happen and be prepared if it does. 

The most Jet like thing to happen is Wilson gets credit for doing the bare minimum during this stretch and everyone goes crazy about who should start next season. The only way I would be happy with Wilson starting going forward is if he can some how do what Mike White was able to do with or without a RB help. 

Ugh this is how you end up in QB purgatory. We don't get to see quite enough of White (the rest of the year would've been nice) to see if he's worth considering as a long-term answer.

Hopefully Zach is able to come back and do a better job of getting the ball out quickly and taking what the defense gives him after seeing Mike White's strengths on display. If he's been humbled and is able to take the easy stuff, we can be a very good team. An offensive implosion here and us missing the playoffs by one game would be so frustrating. Rooting for Zach though. And let's get GW his 1000 yard season.

• Like 1