Top 10 CBs?

Elusive_Tiger

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 5:29 AM, GamedayGuru said:

Have to disagree, i'm a Peters fan, but to me he's a modern day Asante Samuel, he'll make huge splash plays, but he'll also get burnt like toast at times.

Hes much better than Asante

19 interceptions in his first 3 seasons puts him 3rd behibd Sherman(20) and Ed Reed(21)  with two games left in the season

With Revis playing well on the other side its forcing Qbs to target him again.

Corners all play different styles. I enjoyed reading Davante Adams' piece on his top corners (ignoring Sam Shields lol). I would rather rank them in tier's, hard to have a clear cut #1. Rhodes, Ramsey, Lattimore, PP all in that top tier to me. Bouye, Sherman, Peters, harris probably in the 2nd. White in the 2nd/3rd. I haven't watched enough of all of these players this year to have a legit list

Coming from a saints fan who thinks Lattimore will be the best corner in the league soon, Rhodes is just amazing, same with Ramsey. I can't say who is better because whoever it is its mininal. I like the idea of tiers. And right now in the league Rhodes, PP, Lattimore and Ramsey are equally impressive and above everyone else. 

50 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

PFF....

Say what you want about the site but their rankings are pretty spot on. From what I'm hearing from Chargers, Jaguars, Bills and Saints fans, is that those CB's are truly having great years.

Kinda bogus the people who just discredit it because it's PFF. better than any ranking system you got out there lol no offense

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

PFF....

Take it for what's it's worth. It's clear that the top 4 are all having great seasons. Their rankings isn't an end of an argument... There list differs than mine if you see the previous page but PFF does something that no one else does which is put players at their respective position in a rating system. Currently every other websites only rate QBs... When another website does what PFF does then you could argue that one is better than the other but there is nothing out their to compares. Just gotta take it for what it is.  But one thing is for sure is that their top 4 are all having great seasons.

PFF rating system is currently the only advanaced stats available.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Say what you want about the site but their rankings are pretty spot on. From what I'm hearing from Chargers, Jaguars, Bills and Saints fans, is that those CB's are truly having great years.

Kinda bogus the people who just discredit it because it's PFF. better than any ranking system you got out there lol no offense

They don't know assignments on defenses and may discredit guys just because "it looks like it was on this guy". Plus they just look at TV tape I'm pretty sure and watch it once. They don't analyze it.

Just no rhyme or reason to them sometimes. I post their stuff on here from time to time as well but I just don't take what they put as a very credible or viable source, especially when ranking players at a position.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

They don't know assignments on defenses and may discredit guys just because "it looks like it was on this guy". Plus they just look at TV tape I'm pretty sure and watch it once. They don't analyze it.

Just no rhyme or reason to them sometimes. I post their stuff on here from time to time as well but I just don't take what they put as a very credible or viable source, especially when ranking players at a position.

yeah I don't look at it as an end all be all stat, but I think it helps give some overall ranking to the position player.

Bills beat reporters usually post what each player grades out per game and for the most part I agree with the good and bad grades.

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Say what you want about the site but their rankings are pretty spot on.

If anything, it's their stats that are usable (not a fan of their coverage stats or pressures, though). Their grades and subsequent rankings really aren't. 

Archived