Week 15 Titans @ Chargers

KingTitan

the year we fired mularkey for refusing to move on from his terrible offensive coordinator, we ranked:

19th PPG, 23rd total YPG, 15th rush YPG, 23rd pass YPG

this year, we rank:

26th PPG, 29th total YPG, 15th rush YPG, 29th pass YPG

everything about this offense is worse than the one that got our last head coach fired. just incredible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Well I will say Burks was starting to clearly make a difference in our offense.

Oh yeah definitely but we need more than just him. I love Burks and think he could be great but he won’t do much when the QB is getting half a second to throw the ball. 

25 pages of MAD in here and imma just avoid it. Been a really frustrating last few games

AYYO did you boys see Dillon out there playing LT for a drive or so? MY GOD he looked avg to below avg but AVG > Trash lol and of course he got banged up..

We are on our 5th or 6th LB and CB feels like. Worst LT in the last 10 years annnd zero help at WR idk 4 Ls in a row aren't all that surprising when you look at the players out there plus a AJ brown revenge game lol. Like Im numb to this version of the team

Chig looked good solid again. King was doing KING ish. Ryan is a tough dude but like last time the ankle might get worse today and we might be looking at Malik starting vs HOU again lol

Bring me Burks Tre Hooker David long annnnd switch LTs and see what happens at this point.  Like let the SB dreams go for a sec boys and remember what it was like losing the AFC south every year.. Well many rn even some in here are saying its gonna happen again and I for one think thats weak af. Lets get this 3peat. Yall be upset if you want but there's no point. The man that put us in this mess has lost his job and right now beating Hou and keeping the jags below us is the only thing that matters to me

PLUS here is the jags fans are LOUD again. Love crushing their hopes and dreams haha

10 hours ago, -Hope- said:

the year we fired mularkey for refusing to move on from his terrible offensive coordinator, we ranked:

19th PPG, 23rd total YPG, 15th rush YPG, 23rd pass YPG

this year, we rank:

26th PPG, 29th total YPG, 15th rush YPG, 29th pass YPG

everything about this offense is worse than the one that got our last head coach fired. just incredible.

I just don't know where to fall on this because we've seen him get the team to win games we shouldn't be in and we're always competitive, and we know our roster really shouldn't be competitive right now.

On the other hand, Dennis Daley is the worst pass-protecting offensive linemen in NFL history in terms of sacks, and he somehow thinks he's doing enough to get reps over healthy alternatives. How can he recognize that Caleb Farley is trash that is hurting the team and get a rando off a practice squad to replace him, but not do the same for Daley if he hates Radunz that much. The bar Daley has set is the worst OT in NFL history, so it can't be too hard to find someone.

I don't like Todd Downing either, but I'm just not sure what he should do with the leagues worst pass-blocking OL and group of WRs. While I think Downing is an obvious issue, I don't think he's the issue that fixes the tire fire.

Edited by TitanSS

35 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I just don't know where to fall on this because we've seen him get the team to win games we shouldn't be in and we're always competitive, and we know our roster really shouldn't be competitive right now.

On the other hand, Dennis Daley is the worst pass-protecting offensive linemen in NFL history in terms of sacks, and he somehow thinks he's doing enough to get reps over healthy alternatives. How can he recognize that Caleb Farley is trash that is hurting the team and get a rando off a practice squad to replace him, but not do the same for Daley if he hates Radunz that much. The bar Daley has set is the worst OT in NFL history, so it can't be too hard to find someone.

I don't like Todd Downing either, but I'm just not sure what he should do with the leagues worst pass-blocking OL and group of WRs. While I think Downing is an obvious issue, I don't think he's the issue that fixes the tire fire.

See, that's the thing, it now looks like there has been a fix on the roster the whole time, and they've just refused to implement it.  At this point, I'm wondering if Clark isn't also a better pass blocker than Daley, and they just can't be trusted to make competent personnel decisions.

Another thing you could do is take a page from the Bengals playbook last year.  They had an awful OL and still won a lot of games and went to the dang Super Bowl.  There are things you can do, like quick perimeter passes, receivers or RBs in motion, running the ball well (when it actually makes sense), etc.

Now don't get me wrong: having a terrible OL is something that absolutely will hinder an offense tremendously.  No way around it.  But that doesn't mean you can throw your hands up and do nothing to address the problem, which is so far what Downing has done.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I truly don't understand. It cost us at least 2 games because of Daley. ( His false start and his sack allowed that was strip sack vs Jags.)

gotta be honest, this whole thing has shaken my faith in vrabel enormously. i was willing to chalk up our WR depth issues to a stupid overreliance on "effort" guys who could block and move the chains- bad reasoning, but at least there's some kind of rationale to it. but trench play is supposed to be where vrabel has it together, and we are talking about a *historically* bad player actively losing us games over a 2nd round pick on the bench. it's incomprehensible. there is no rationale here where vrabel looks anything but incompetent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Given the state of purgatory we are in, the one thing that excites me most about a fan is the eventual time we “give malik his shot”

we are treading water as an organization right now. We are boring. We are who we are. As a fan, I’m craving something new 

That dude be zinging it. Be really awesome if he could have a huge jump and we get a steal in the third. It's a pipe dream. But I am here for it.

Hope he connects with someone in the off season that can help him gain some knowledge in being the highest ceiling of player he can be.