12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Brownies
    • Tyler Huntley
    • Horny
    • Killer Mike

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Preach GIF

I've even mentioned it on my podcast that I hate the Ravens so much, that if my first wife owned a team, and they were playing the Ravens, I'd sit in the owners box to cheer against the Ratbirds.  

things loathe GIF

I remember never picking the Ravens or the Steelers in Madden, even if we were doing a random select. I would hit the button again. **** the Ravens

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, JDD said:

I think the last sentence is the part that he is missing. You can't be shocked the Browns lost last week, the Bengals are probably playing some of the best football in the NFL right now. But for the offense to lay an egg like that??? Kind of drives the point home that Brissett is actually the better option right now at QB, yet he won't play unless something happens to Watson. 

My point is that it was mainly penalties and poor OL play that held the offense back, not Watson. I guess I just wasn't expecting him to work miracles by his second game back learning a new offense and not having played in nearly two years. I just want him to steadily improve each week and hopefully be looking like the old Watson by the end of the season. We already started seeing flashes of that last week.

But I get it, people hate Watson (understandably for his off the field behavior) and some are big Baker fans, so they're going to expect absolute perfection from him from the start. It's just not realistic to expect that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JDD said:

I remember never picking the Ravens or the Steelers in Madden, even if we were doing a random select. I would hit the button again. **** the Ravens

Be careful saying that outside the Browns forum. I once got a warning for saying that in NFL Gen after a Ravens loss. 😂

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

My point is that it was mainly penalties and poor OL play that held the offense back, not Watson. I guess I just wasn't expecting him to work miracles by his second game back learning a new offense and not having played in nearly two years. I just want him to steadily improve each week and hopefully be looking like the old Watson by the end of the season. We already started seeing flashes of that last week.

But I get it, people hate Watson (understandably for his off the field behavior) and some are big Baker fans, so they're going to expect absolute perfection from him from the start. It's just not realistic to expect that.

Big difference from absolute perfection and the offense taking a nosedive as far as scoring. Watson was here all camp, all preseason and the last couple weeks before being reinstated. He has had more time before his first start than Brissett did. Yet Brissett started better and people were still wanting Dobbs to come in.

Obviously Watson has a much better resume than Brissett and a leash that is infinity long so he will never be benched no matter what but as far as fans reserving the right to complain about a QB with a 70 rating I think it should be allowed.

Also, besides mike no one brings up Baker among those who were Baker supporters. That chapter is over, I know the people who didn't like him bring him up all the time but Watson and Baker aren't expected to be in the same class so there should be no comparison. Watson stands alongside Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Hurts... If we are expect him to be a top 5ish guy anyway which is what we paid for. All things considered anyway.

46 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Big difference from absolute perfection and the offense taking a nosedive as far as scoring. Watson was here all camp, all preseason and the last couple weeks before being reinstated. He has had more time before his first start than Brissett did. Yet Brissett started better and people were still wanting Dobbs to come in.

Offense taking a nosedive vs. Houston was definitely mostly Watson's fault. Last week? Not really. Like I said, penalties and our inability to run the ball at all killed a lot of drives.

Also a huge difference between running an offense in TC vs. running an offense in live games.

Obviously Watson has a much better resume than Brissett and a leash that is infinity long so he will never be benched no matter what but as far as fans reserving the right to complain about a QB with a 70 rating I think it should be allowed.

Not saying fans can't complain. I just think some fans have unrealistic expectations when he's been back for two games after not playing for over 700 days. That's a long time off.

Also, besides mike no one brings up Baker among those who were Baker supporters. That chapter is over, I know the people who didn't like him bring him up all the time but Watson and Baker aren't expected to be in the same class so there should be no comparison. Watson stands alongside Mahomes, Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Hurts... If we are expect him to be a top 5ish guy anyway which is what we paid for. All things considered anyway.

Eh, he gets brought up more than that. I'm a Baker fan and even I can see that some here are still pissed that he's gone. And I think Watson can potentially be the borderline top five guy we brought him in to be. But I think he needs more than two games to get back into form.

Again, this is coming from someone who totally expected him to be rusty and wasn't all in on the idea that he'd ever return to form. He still has a ways to go but he looked much better in the second game than he did in the first game. Hopefully he'll keep improving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

our inability to run the ball at all killed a lot of drives.

Well, I think that was the reason we got him. I know the retort is 700 days so don't bother but eventually that has to go away. Geno Smith was fine after 5 starts in 1100 days. But okay, we'll give Watson more time. Probably until midseason next year and then we'll be concerned if he isn't looking like a stud.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I just think some fans have unrealistic expectations

I know I did. I expected an offensive TD against by far the worst team in the league and maybe the worst defense. I also expected to compete against a team better than us that every other QB we had was beating. I'm an unrealistic guy though.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Eh, he gets brought up more than that.

Maybe, I may have missed it. I don't recall it ans I know it wasn't me. I have replied to others bringing him up but I haven't. He isn't relevant to the Browns going forward.

2 hours ago, dawgdish said:

We might have had a chance with Lamar Jackson in, but according to pass game coordinator/DB coach Jeff Howard we don't have a snowballs chance now. How can we possibly plan to defensively stop a team's backups??

Time to fight fire with fire. Let's start Jaelon Darden and Daylen Baldwin at wr to keep them on their toes.

Edited by Here'sJim
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DawgX said:

Thank you for analysis but Mayfield won while this team lead the league in penalties. 

Brissett was clearly better then leshaun while leshaun got to play with Hunt,Chubb, Njoku, and Dpj

Rust should not have been a problem with those 4