Week 16 Gameday Thread (Christmas Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (6-8-0) at Miami Dolphins (8-6-0)

Striker

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

What did anybody see on Monday giving them hope we could run the table and get in? 

On paper we have the toughest schedule of the remaining teams ahead of us. 

You are right but on any given Sunday...   Who thought Jax would beat the Cowboys?  Or the Browns would beat the Ravens?

I have mixed emotions about all of this.  I am a Packers fan and I want the team to do well.  It would be nice to get in the dance but we aren't going anywhere even if we do.  Getting a higher draft pick probably would be better for us in the long run.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

What did anybody see on Monday giving them hope we could run the table and get in? 

If GB wins out and makes the playoffs, they will have earned it.  In that scenario, GB would actually be a fairly dangerous team for a higher seed to face.

Playing MIN in RD1 of the playoffs would be too perfect.

Doesn't mean I expect it.

Edited by Mazrimiv

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If GB wins out and makes the playoffs, they will have earned it.  In that scenario, GB would actually be a fairly dangerous team for a higher seed to face.

Playing MIN in RD1 of the playoffs would be too perfect.

Doesn't mean I expect it.

If the Packers win out and assuming the 49ers don't choke vs. the Raiders and Cardinals, they basically doom themselves to playing the 49ers.

52 minutes ago, Striker said:

If the Packers win out and assuming the 49ers don't choke vs. the Raiders and Cardinals, they basically doom themselves to playing the 49ers.

Beating the 49ers would be about as satisfying as beating the vikings. Purdy absolutely could drop a stinker when the chips are all in. I dont get the paralysis by fear

16 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Beating the 49ers would be about as satisfying as beating the vikings. Purdy absolutely could drop a stinker when the chips are all in. I dont get the paralysis by fear

Yes, the Packers could win because "any given Sunday", but the 49ers strengths absolutely exploit the Packers weaknesses.

It's okay to be hopeful but, imo, it's just not realistic to assume that the Packers will shut down what the 49ers do best based on everything we've seen so far this season.

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Us winning out and still missing the playoffs because the Lions beat the Bears and Panthers would be absolutely brutal. 

That has a very very low chance of occuring (per 538).

Detroit beating CHI and CAR while losing to use only reduces our odds by a few percentage points.

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I saw two young WRs that are getting better each and every week and an offense that is finding its identity. If we beat Miami theres no reason to think we cant finish it off at home.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

The whole NFC is beatable this year. That's why the Giants, Seahawks and Commanders have been able to lock on so many wins.

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

So Lazard played 67 snaps (94%) and was barely targeted

Doubs plated 23 snaps (32%) and had 5 targets for 5 catches.

I'd like to see those flip flop or at least even out with an eye toward next year

Mlf commended laz for his role playing and blocking at his presser this week. Then joked on a reporter that he needs to have jones dillon watson and doubs on the field every play. He seems to be getting some of the swagger back that the jets took from him

18 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Mlf commended laz for his role playing and blocking at his presser this week. Then joked on a reporter that he needs to have jones dillon watson and doubs on the field every play. He seems to be getting some of the swagger back that the jets took from him

Lazard is a good player, just not that good of a receiver.  Doubs has more upside to me

I don't see the need to retain Lazard

• Like 1