Week 16 Gameday Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Baker is playing behind a worse OL, and you didn't see him complaining today lol.

I have to think that a larger portion of the salary cap is going to start going to OL depth around the league with how often this same scenario plays out. Especially this year is seems as though half the league is running on OL backups

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pf9 said:

It's weird not hearing Al Michaels on SNF. He practically was SNF.

With ABC starting to air 3 exclusive games next year, they should be modeled on 1990s MNF broadcasts, de-emphasizing the ESPN branding, using Edd Kalehoff's themes that debuted in 1990, a graphics package modeled on the one used in 1995 and 1996, and having Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit (replacing Frank Gifford both in the booth and as the narrator of the intros), and Dan Dierdorf on the call and Lynn Swann as sideline reporter, also with a version of the All My Rowdy Friends intro based on the one from 1994 and 1995.

Also, teams would be encouraged to wear 1990s throwbacks for these games.

32 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

I have to think that a larger portion of the salary cap is going to start going to OL depth around the league with how often this same scenario plays out. Especially this year is seems as though half the league is running on OL backups

I can only speak for the Rams, but it wouldn't have made a difference for us. Our top OLs off the bench were Alaric Jackson (played well at both LT and OG before being IR'd), Logan Bruss (3rd round rookie - IR'd in preseason with season-ending injury), and Tremayne Anchrum (suffered season-ending injury within first few snaps filling in for our injured OG).

We thought we had depth, but you can't do much when they all go down with injuries too.