Random NFL Tidbits

Forge

On 3/25/2023 at 9:01 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

A source told…

well he’s getting O’Brien so he better get used to it. O’Brien tore the GOAT a new one

I'm sure JMD was hard on him, it was just unfair to have Patricia as the OC and to be hard on him for things out of his control.

Don’t know why but love hearing this. 

Don’t think AD has ever fully gotten his roses. He’s known as one of the best but never one of the best. Most random fans will say Bosa or a weird as player and leave me

shocked. Most are even saying Micah Parsons. We legit witness a top 2-3 greatest defensive player ever. He didn’t need to be coked out like LT to play crazy.. My mans is truly one of the greatest. The dominance he showed since his rookie year has been incredible. I remember one time @BlaqOpticsaying he never saw the Steelers pass so Quick and get to the Oline till they played the rams. Now we’re seeing this level of Dominance by Patty Mahomes. Just so much better than the guy. Only thing painful about AD is that he never had that other truly elite guy on the defensive end. He got so many guys paid! But could you imagine him with a Myles Garret, Nick Bosa, Von Miller,  TJ Watt or even a young Suh.My gosh. Scary stuff and I always think about hat. The most double/Tripple team guy in the league by far and still putting up DE Numbers. No chips from the TE, FB or even a RB. He’s getting doubled by 300+ gorillas. 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure JMD was hard on him, it was just unfair to have Patricia as the OC and to be hard on him for things out of his control.

It’s the worst thing BB has ever done.

worst than benching Butler for nothing, worse than trying to trade Gronk. 

giving a promising second year QB Matt Patricia, who was learning how to call plays on the job, as his Offensive Coordinator. It’s so bad that it feels deliberate. I’m not saying it was, but it’s so so bad that it feels it. 

If anything, I say Mac showed constraint. Only let it boil over once 

Edited by Hunter2_1

On 3/27/2023 at 2:38 PM, El Ramster said:

Don’t know why but love hearing this. 

Don’t think AD has ever fully gotten his roses. He’s known as one of the best but never one of the best. Most random fans will say Bosa or a weird as player and leave me

shocked. Most are even saying Micah Parsons. We legit witness a top 2-3 greatest defensive player ever. He didn’t need to be coked out like LT to play crazy.. My mans is truly one of the greatest. The dominance he showed since his rookie year has been incredible. I remember one time @BlaqOpticsaying he never saw the Steelers pass so Quick and get to the Oline till they played the rams. Now we’re seeing this level of Dominance by Patty Mahomes. Just so much better than the guy. Only thing painful about AD is that he never had that other truly elite guy on the defensive end. He got so many guys paid! But could you imagine him with a Myles Garret, Nick Bosa, Von Miller,  TJ Watt or even a young Suh.My gosh. Scary stuff and I always think about hat. The most double/Tripple team guy in the league by far and still putting up DE Numbers. No chips from the TE, FB or even a RB. He’s getting doubled by 300+ gorillas. 

It's crazy how we all take AD for granted. His worst season was his rookie year, where he still made the Pro Bowl. He then proceeded to be locked-in as the 1st team All-Pro DT for the remainder of his career to date. Insane amount of sacks as an interior guy. One of the best run stuffers ever. One of the only guys who can line-up as a 0-tech all the way out to a wide 9 and wreck games at all alignments. We all know about recency bias, but I think reverse recency bias is a thing as well. We've normalized his dominance so much that we're simply numb to it. If Donald played 15-20 years ago, I think he'd be the majority's pick for GOAT defensive player ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

It's crazy how we all take AD for granted. His worst season was his rookie year, where he still made the Pro Bowl. He then proceeded to be locked-in as the 1st team All-Pro DT for the remainder of his career to date. Insane amount of sacks as an interior guy. One of the best run stuffers ever. One of the only guys who can line-up as a 0-tech all the way out to a wide 9 and wreck games at all alignments. We all know about recency bias, but I think reverse recency bias is a thing as well. We've normalized his dominance so much that we're simply numb to it. If Donald played 15-20 years ago, I think he'd be the majority's pick for GOAT defensive player ever.

3:14.. 

Just so numb to it. We might not see this again. 

• Like 1

I thought this might be the best spot to put this post.  I'm in my 7th decade of being a Cleveland sports fan, but back in 2016, I fell in love with Australian Rules Football.  Since 2019, I've been doing a podcast about the game, and truly believe that fans of the NFL and college football would love the game.  I dropped a blog post recently over at my website sharing those thoughts, along with links to a half dozen episodes of the show, where I talk with Australian NFL fans and American footy fans about the game, and how we can grow interest in the game in the US.  I also spoke with Darren Bennett, who played in the AFL at the highest level for a half dozen years, before becoming the 1990's ALL NFL team punter with the Chargers.   The season begins in mid-March, and runs through the end of September, so it fits in VERY well into the NFL schedule.  I invite you to take a look if you're interested.  (We've also got an Australian Rules Football thread in the "Other Sports" section of the forum.). https://www.ayankonthefooty.com/blog/NFL-AFL-Football-Footy-Australia/.   (https://www.ayankonthefooty.com/)

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2023 at 10:12 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

If anything, I say Mac showed constraint. Only let it boil over once 

LOL 

Mac acted like a punk on several occasions. You think he showed restraint??? 

His immaturity is why Bill is looking to move on. The military man wants good soldiers, he doesn't want spoiled punks who complain publicly about coaching. 

"Showed restraint" lmao. Good one. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

LOL 

Mac acted like a punk on several occasions. You think he showed restraint??? 

His immaturity is why Bill is looking to move on. The military man wants good soldiers, he doesn't want spoiled punks who complain publicly about coaching. 

"Showed restraint" lmao. Good one. 

Based on having no coaching/being saddled with Matt Patricia? Yeah, I’d say he showed constraint. He asked Alabama for coaching because of this. He had one visible blow up on the sideline, which wasn’t even that bad. 

how would you be if you were in your second year and someone else is on the way to ruining your career? Based on your teenage girl like post above, I doubt you’d be showing any constrain whatsoever 

Edited by Hunter2_1

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If I already had YouTubeTV, this would be a no brainer add on. I think I'll stick with my current means of watching games though. The best news out of this is that YouTube is looking at adding single team packages somewhere down the line, which would be perfect. I love that MLB offers that.

8 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I'll pay the $249 early. YouTube TV is the best streaming platform out there, IMO.

Yep, that is $ 249.00 / 18 weeks = $ 13.83 per week.

If you go out to watch your team at a Sports Bar, 4 beers would cost you double that.

Edited by downundermike