MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs did the best. They did not have control of the bye and now they do.

Other than that it's pretty even-handed. 

I'm glad most Chiefs fans recognize this. I've seen far too many on twitter and unfortunately here, say the NFL is bending over backwards to help the Bills. 

On top of the issues of AFC playoffs being unfair for various teams, does anyone find it weird that all of the games are at 1? There are a half dozen mid day games that are completely irrelevant to the playoffs and aren’t even between 2 decent teams.

like why not move pats bills to mid day and knock broncos chargers back?

Just now, TXsteeler said:

On top of the issues of AFC playoffs being unfair for various teams, does anyone find it weird that all of the games are at 1? There are a half dozen mid day games that are completely irrelevant to the playoffs and aren’t even between 2 decent teams.

They always try and pair games that relate to each other at the same time.

If the Pats and Bills was moved to later, they run the risk of NE knowing they don't need to win if the Steelers and Dolphins already lost. 

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You’re the one who is lamenting over this situation as nauseum, not willing to find compromise with people (who are and aren’t impacted) and being rather obtuse in the entire engagement. You act as if you (and you alone) had all the answers despite people poking holes in the solution you had. Quite frankly, it just seems like you want to fight and complain because your team isn’t getting a do over in a game you were losing. I’m so sorry you aren’t getting what you want, but that happens sometimes. (If you really want to see someone screwed over, ask New Orleans in 2017).

If you take exception with my moderation, feel free to take it up with Webby - I’ll be more than happy to show your contribution to this thread and the impact it has on my approach with you in this discussion. 

You’re a funny guy. I have time and time again, explained who was affected and how based off of the memo sent out. It has nothing to do with myself or my team and everything to do with how each team is affected overall. Explained each teams situation before and after the cancelled game. This whole post has had plenty of bi jeri g and back and forth a so let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Every team lost a chance at something better. So the NFL tried to “make things right” so to speak. This is a message board. I’m not concerned about you or webby or anybody else. I’ve  been around a very long time as many others have and know what the deal is. I have no problem with you as a mod and have always thought you do a fine job. BUT stirring the pot as a mid seems ineffective to me. Regardless, this is a message board. Not gonna get worked up anymore. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

The NFL has been scheduling games so teams who are all dependent on other games are playing together so no one rests everyone during a wildly televised game. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

A dude momentarily dies twice on live tv and people are fired up about its impact on their teams seeding and MVP chances and who got the short end of the stick with a declaration of no contest 

Easy for you to say when your team is on the outside looking in.

I've said what I've said. The tragedy had consequences. I don't have to agree with them and it doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the situation.

• Like 2