MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is a failure of preparation - all of this could have been brainstormed in advance. And players were stuck in limbo because a $15 billion company is too lazy to develop a plan for how to cancel a game on short notice.

Does the NFL want the " potential death on field contingency" be a thing that is set in downstream legal ramifications of player safety?  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I do genuinely think he's one of the very few announcers who could handle this well.

I’ve had the honor to meet him in 2015. I hated him before that. Was an absolute gentleman. I’m a nobody and he talked golf with me for 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If the game was between two teams out of playoff contention do you think Skip tweets about the implications of the game? No. The magnitude of the game doesn’t mean the players should be out there tonight after what happened. The easy thing to figure out is when to play the game, the NFL made it through a ton of covid reschedules two years ago, they’ll easily figure this out. 

So why is Skip wrong for pointing that out? That the NFL is prioritizing that as opposed to handling the trauma of this event?

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

There are people who aren't on the teams who just witnessed a traumatic event. I hope that those people are able to get some sort of support if it felt traumatizing to them. If I were an 8 year old at that game I'd be asking my parents a million questions as to what happened; and they wouldn't be able to answer it.

I'd hope that parents were able to explain it to their child the best they could. I hope they do get help to those who need it.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just can't get over that the NFL was like "okay you guys have 5 minutes to warm up and continue playing" before the head coaches stepped in and stopped that bs.

This X1000000

Utter disgrace, but not surprising in the slightest

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Which is crazy to me because this tweet reads as criticizing the NFL more than anything.

The NFL figured out how to play games during every day of the week during COVID. No doubt they will figure out how to play this game if necessary, but the point is that it's entirely ******* irrelevant right now.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Does the NFL want the " potential death on field contingency" be a thing that is set in downstream legal ramifications of player safety?  

I mean, they're going to need one now...

I would say that having such a contingency would go a long way to acknowledging the importance of player safety.