MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The playoff games aren't scheduled, so there aren't as many hotels and flights booked. Like if you're a Giants fan, you have no idea who your opponent is so you haven't bought tickets and flights yet. Therefore the playoffs can be bumped.

TV contracts are slated in though.

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Interesting. I finally got Red Cross cert'd at the end of 2021 and we were still taught breathing and were given an adult and child mask. They did emphasize compressions though. The Red Cross' website still shows the breathes there too.

Just glad I wasn't the only one who got the out of date CPR training.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

TV contracts are slated in though.

Yeah, but you still get 4 weeks of playoff football, just shifted. If something like the WC or Olympics was going on and it created competition that would be an issue, but I don't think any large TV events other than the NFL playoffs are upcoming. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, but you still get 4 weeks of playoff football, just shifted. If something like the WC or Olympics was going on and it created competition that would be an issue, but I don't think any large TV events other than the NFL playoffs are upcoming. 

But you can't shift them back a week, that's the problem. Or at least, it's not CBS' problem so they aren't going to revise their entire schedule.

36 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

ESPN should pre-record videos where they have their people learning CPR in their back pocket so that people would have something educational to watch during the downtimes.

I get the sentiment here, but that’s dangerous.  Now you would have a lot a people out there without the certification who think they know what they are doing.  I think some on the significance of the speed of care, what to do as a bystander, and items that are informative but not speculative of the player or certification related being shown.

The statement doesn't address the current week though. Are they expecting everyone to go out there and play w/ this on their minds, especially Buffalo and Cincy? 

I understand we've already gone through the logistic nightmare that would happen as a result of stopping the league for a week but at some point, you have to make a decision and the sooner you make it, the  better.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Just now, warfelg said:

I get the sentiment here, but that’s dangerous.

HR sending someone in from the American Red Cross so RG3 can learn CPR on national television in a TV studio is dangerous? I think you've got the wrong idea of what I meant.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Now you would have a lot a people out there without the certification who think they know what they are doing.  I think some on the significance of the speed of care, what to do as a bystander, and items that are informative but not speculative of the player or certification related being shown.

Good, we'd want an aware public. A quick google says 70% of Americans aren't confident enough during cardiac events.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The statement doesn't address the current week though. Are they expecting everyone to go out there and play w/ this on their minds, especially Buffalo and Cincy? 

I understand we've already gone through the logistic nightmare that would happen as a result of stopping the league for a week but at some point, you have to make a decision and the sooner you make it, the  better.

Statement passive-aggressively implies weekend games will go ahead.

"We have not announced any changes to this weekend's schedule" (because there aren't any)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

HR sending someone in from the American Red Cross so RG3 can learn CPR on national television in a TV studio is dangerous? I think you've got the wrong idea of what I meant.

Good, we'd want an aware public. A quick google says 70% of Americans aren't confident enough during cardiac events.

I don’t have the wrong idea of what you meant, I was framing what a lot of people would think by seeing that.

14 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

There is a much easier solution to all of this, but Chiefs fans and most Bengals fans won't like it. 

1.  Play out next weekend.  If the Bills win, then simply ignore the Chiefs win this weekend (like basically pretend all three teams didn't play week 17).  Yeah, its way unconventional, but here's the thing.  It's the right thing to do.  Why?  It guarantees the Bills a week off so they can grieve together and start the road to recovery instead of preparing for a first round game.  Yes, it also screws my team out of the 2 seed, but whatever.

If the Bills lose, then KC is the 1 seed, and they figure out who the 2 and 3 seeds are between the other two.  You could push the opening round back, give everyone else the week off and continue the game.  You could have a coin flip.  You could say the bengals were up in this one, and by default, become the 2 seed, which could have them playing here again anyway.  Doesn't matter.  The rest of the postseason show goes on and stays within schedule, erasing all the logistical headaches with hotel, travel, etc.  Yes, I know they can eliminate the week off before the Super Bowl and push this game back, but it really doesn't hold light to the ongoing situation either.

The only other team with a voice that will come out of this is Baltimore, if and only if they were to win in Cincy this weekend.  They'd still be a half game back.  If the bengals win, there literally is no other team affected.

Punish probably isn't the right word but I can't see the NFL doing this scenario because it ultimately punishes the Chiefs for no reason and to a lesser extent the Bengals and Ravens.

I really don't know what the solution is. No matter what happens people won't like it or will disagree with it.

• Like 3