MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think it's division record, then head to head - memory is fuzzy on that one.

Edit: Yeah, H2H. Got it mixed up. So, this IS a solution for this here.

Ok, this is pretty significant then.

But if Cincy beats them this weekend, it's pretty moot on the division front.  Seeding was still affected.

Just now, BillSabre said:

Show me any way getting the one seed handed to you over two teams that beat you because of a catastrophe doesn’t earn an asterisk. I’ll wait. 

Dude you are emotional and I am NOT repeating myself or other posts. They are there.

I am not even in favor of any of this ****. I am telling you that moving every game back for the benefit of the Bills might NOT be what happens.

This isn't a sanctioned debate between you and I and your posts are getting sharper in tone. I am not digging through this thread to repeat the same stuff.

Granting every team a bye diminishes the competitive advantage of the 1st seed via injuries. Owners will fight it. Simple as that.

• Like 2

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Also important games for final playoff positions and top of NFC seeding. NFL isn't going to alter all of that just so Bills organization/fans feel better. 

Packers and Lions is another big one. Obviously you know this but just so others see.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Alright I understand Bills fans have every right to be emotional and feel screwed, but the primary reason the Bills aren't the 1 seed is because they lost against Zach Wilson and managed to choke against Kirk ******* Cousins in back to back weeks. Not because the NFL had to cancel a game.

Even the Dolphins meltdown tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Also important games for final playoff positions and top of NFC seeding. NFL isn't going to alter all of that just so Bills organization/fans feel better. 

Even if this wasn't true, players with incentives in their contracts they were close to would be furious if they had one less game.

• Like 1

There is no solution that isn't going to piss someone off.  The simplest solution is to either declare it a forfeit or a tie.  That requires no logistical challenges, all teams still have a 17 game record, you aren't forcing teams into multiple games in short windows, and you are only pissing off 3-4 teams.  I think this decision has already been made, but they are trying to get their PR ducks in a row.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Packers and Lions is another big one. Obviously you know this but just so others see.

And the Seahawks. And Patriots. And Dolphins. And Steelers. There is so much on the line for so many, I do not see the league potentially damaging those games just so one organization doesn't feel slighted.