Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He won’t rework his deal? Wow that’s bold, does he think he can get a better one in FA? This whole thing has really made Carr unlikable to me TBH. Pretty much every trade has that component to it. And Honesly NO is probably the best spot for him. Dome, in a division with no standout QB and in the easier NFC as well. Where does this guy think he’s going to go? Dallas?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

He won’t rework his deal? Wow that’s bold, does he think he can get a better one in FA? This whole thing has really made Carr unlikable to me TBH. Pretty much every trade has that component to it. And Honesly NO is probably the best spot for him. Dome, in a division with no standout QB and in the easier NFC as well. Where does this guy think he’s going to go? Dallas?

The only thing I can think of is that he wants to maintain his current deal that's set to pay him $40M+ in 24/25 and has a NTC or try to get a deal in free agency with more GTD money after next season. 

I don't think the Saints or Buccaneers can sign him in free agency considering their current cap situations. Which would really only leave the Jets (who have been linked to Rodgers/Jimmy G/Lamar) and Commanders as landing spots in free agency that project to be competitive. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right. Anything in the first to days is good at this point

It sounds like the biggest hurdle is going to be reworking his contract. 

ETA: I know it has been reported that his visit will be for "due diligence" and to make sure it's a good fit for both sides. But I think it's really going to be a matter of if they can convince Carr to rework his deal to come there. 

Edited by NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only thing I can think of is that he wants to maintain his current deal that's set to pay him $40M+ in 24/25 and has a NTC or try to get a deal in free agency with more GTD money after next season. 

I don't think the Saints or Buccaneers can sign him in free agency considering their current cap situations. Which would really only leave the Jets (who have been linked to Rodgers/Jimmy G/Lamar) and Commanders as landing spots in free agency that project to be competitive. 

I have been saying this for years in regards to the Saints. There is no such thing as cap hell with them, they just do things a different way.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

Got my fingers crossed 🤞, this would be the best outcome for me. I wish it was better than a 3rd but that’s definitely better than holding our d*cks in our hands. Lol. Hopefully he plays well enough to help the saints to a division title, we’ll see. And I believe DC will rework his contract. We’ll see....to be continued. Lol

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I am not saying this is wrong but the price very easily could have gone up.  One league source that could have talked to the Raiders before anything was narrowed down could just be saying what the initial conversations where with the Raiders.  Teams ask what is your minimum and the Raiders say a third to everyone.  Once negotiations begin and there are multiple teams that price can go up and go up fast.  When the Saints come out and say we have agreed on a 3rd I will believe more than likely it is a 3rd.

4 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Bottom line, if DC just wanted to be cut and be free, all he has to do......is nothing. So him going to Nola is definitely a positive.

If that happened he would still be on the team next year.  I would not give into anyone not acting like a professional.

• Like 1