Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We are likely going to see Carr traded in the afternoon, just seems to be moving fast. I’d say I wish him luck but I’d be lying, truth is I could care less if he does good or bad and won’t be paying attention to him. I’m more interested in discussing the next Raiders QB. 

Please... you'll be in here saying "see, see, look, I told you all" every time he has an off performance. You can't help yourself. 

Unfortunately, Carr lives in half this fan bases heads. This conversation will not end until the day he retires from the game. It's about to be tiresome years of back and forth every big game and terrible game he has. I'm exhausted thinking about it. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Please... you'll be in here saying "see, see, look, I told you all" every time he has an off performance. You can't help yourself. 

Unfortunately, Carr lives in half this fan bases heads. This conversation will not end until the day he retires from the game. It's about to be tiresome years of back and forth every big game and terrible game he has. I'm exhausted thinking about it. 

Actually, I am only concerned with the Raiders. It is likely his fans that will keep bringing the man up whenever he does well, creating conversation in these threads. I am a Raider fan and always think of ways to improve the team. The QB position has been needing upgrading since 2017, which is why I have been complaining so long. Once Carr is gone, I could care less about him. He is longer a Raider. No longer a concern.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Actually, I am only concerned with the Raiders. It is likely his fans that will keep bringing the man up whenever he does well, creating conversation in these threads. I am a Raider fan and always think of ways to improve the team. The QB position has been needing upgrading since 2017, which is why I have been complaining so long. Once Carr is gone, I could care less about him. He is longer a Raider. No longer a concern.

No i think you went to Fresno State and @humblebeast and Derek Carr Eifel Towered your Fiancé at a the Sig Ep house. 

At least that's how it comes off. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

A player acting in the fashion given in the scenario is acting unprofessional.  Him refusing to restructure is his poison pill to try and sabotage the deal.  If he took the restructuring off the table then I would take cutting him off the table.  The team did a bad job of handling his situation but they had a reason to protect themselves.  Carr acting this way is not protecting himself and actually putting himself at risk to hurt the Raiders.  That is acting unprofessional.  Carr is not using the no trade clause.  He is refusing to restructure his contract.

That's even more confusing.  Are you just making up scenarios that you think he isn't doing?  I'm not aware that anyone has asked him to restructure.  Unless you are talking about him not wanting to extend the deadline? If that is what you are talking about, once again you are letting emotions cloud your judgment. Extending the deadline only helps the Raiders.

It's unreasonable to want a soon to be ex-employee to do everything you want to help your business. 

Both sides are trying to do what is best for themselves and neither side has to do the other any favors.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

A player acting in the fashion given in the scenario is acting unprofessional.  Him refusing to restructure is his poison pill to try and sabotage the deal.  If he took the restructuring off the table then I would take cutting him off the table.  The team did a bad job of handling his situation but they had a reason to protect themselves.  Carr acting this way is not protecting himself and actually putting himself at risk to hurt the Raiders.  That is acting unprofessional.  Carr is not using the no trade clause.  He is refusing to restructure his contract.

It’s in his right, the contract allows this. It’s not his job to do what’s best for the Raiders. 

• Like 1