Week 17 - Browns vs Commanders..."The Battle of the Dysfunctional Team Owners"

Bucketheadsdad

Most dysfunctional owner?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most dysfunctional owner?

• Jimmy Truckstop
    • Sleazy Dan Snyder
  2. 2. Are you watching the game this weekend?

• Yes
    • No
    • Working on my mock draft to see who we take in the 1st Rd....wait...Nevermind. I'll watch

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The Watson haters? He completed 6 more passes to the Browns than Wentz did.

Good win over a decent team (except Wentz sucked).

Anyway, do we extend Delpit now or after next year?

It is a pretty weak safety class.

Besides if Poyer is a example he probably walks to get a much bigger paycheck somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He looked really good that second half man lol

I think you’re giving Wentz too much credit 

He’s just so hit or miss.  He’s been in the mix with like every big play allowed this season, and then the last couple weeks has made some plays against garbage quarterbacks…

I wouldn’t extend him now unless it’s a team friendly number

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

He looked really good that second half man lol

Oh I'm sure he did and it's probably what is to be expected from him. The 24 point output is by far the best showing on offense the past 5 games and something to work on going forward. Three consecutive TD drives is certainly the highlight of the offense since Watson was activated. The other 6 drives (not counting the kneel down before half) only netted 79 total yards and 56 of those yards were on the drive we took points off of the board and turned it over at the 2 but inconsistent drives with scoring is a step up.

We're still at the stage where everything that goes wrong is somebody else's fault other than the QB which is normal with a new starter. As fans we won't be able to see clearly until probably late next year and maybe by then the offense will be humming.

We'll see how we do next week. Pittsburgh may or may not be playing for something depending when the game takes place. They are playing well, albeit in ugly fashion and we've always struggled against Watt so we'll see if Watson changes that.

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Oh I'm sure he did and it's probably what is to be expected from him. The 24 point output is by far the best showing on offense the past 5 games and something to work on going forward. Three consecutive TD drives is certainly the highlight of the offense since Watson was activated. The other 6 drives (not counting the kneel down before half) only netted 79 total yards and 56 of those yards were on the drive we took points off of the board and turned it over at the 2 but inconsistent drives with scoring is a step up.

We're still at the stage where everything that goes wrong is somebody else's fault other than the QB which is normal with a new starter. As fans we won't be able to see clearly until probably late next year and maybe by then the offense will be humming.

I think one difference between him and other QB’s we’ve had is he’s not an unknown entity as a rookie or some washed journeyman.

He’s got a multi year track record of being better than “good”.  

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We'll see how we do next week. Pittsburgh may or may not be playing for something depending when the game takes place. They are playing well, albeit in ugly fashion and we've always struggled against Watt so we'll see if Watson changes that.

I hope they have something to play for and I hope we come ready to play.  This team needs the reps headed into next season.

I have no issue making excuses for anything this season as far as Watson’s play, but there are absolutely none for next season. They’d better get it figured out.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe get in now, he is starting to flash. Might get it done cheaper if we go now

14 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Maybe get in now, he is starting to flash. Might get it done cheaper if we go now

I think we've got to wait to sign Delpit long term. He's the baker Mayfield of the secondary in terms of inconsistency. Hoping he puts it together for a full season in 2023, then it'll be a good problem to have, but we can't tie up that much $ on a wing and a prayer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I think we've got to wait to sign Delpit long term. He's the baker Mayfield of the secondary in terms of inconsistency. Hoping he puts it together for a full season in 2023, then it'll be a good problem to have, but we can't tie up that much $ on a wing and a prayer.

Yeah people were clamoring for him to be benched a couple weeks ago, he’s been all over the place.

Delpit got a horrendous Wentz Sunday. He’s basically single handedly cost us multiple games this year and a shot at the playoffs. I’d rather cut him than re-sign him. Let him play out next year and then make an informed decision.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Delpit got a horrendous Wentz Sunday. He’s basically single handedly cost us multiple games this year and a shot at the playoffs. I’d rather cut him than re-sign him. Let him play out next year and then make an informed decision.

I think he could be a good rotational guy.  I would love to see him play closer to the LOS, and mix some blitz packages with him.  I think he is more of a Jabril Peppers type safety....too bad we didn't run more of a "monster" safety position, like Michigan!

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I think he could be a good rotational guy.  I would love to see him play closer to the LOS, and mix some blitz packages with him.  I think he is more of a Jabril Peppers type safety....too bad we didn't run more of a "monster" safety position, like Michigan!

I think he might be a fringe starter or nice box player who plays like 60-70% of snaps. That’s not a guy I am chomping at the bit to lock up long term.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I just know what how you put a valuation on him right now. Sure he looked great against a QB who’s bounced around because he makes terrible decisions.

My issue with him is those picks weren’t really great reads or plays or anything, it was just Wentz throwing him the ball when the receiver was double covered.  It doesn’t address the mental part of his game which had been the big issue all season.  No one doubts he has special physical ability or can make a play when it’s thrown directly to him.

The real issue is his understanding of coverages and awareness.  He was almost always the guy who looked to be responsible for blown coverages early in the season (Carolina, NYJ) and as recently as the game in Cincinnati got absolutely duped on the flea flicker and just watched some dude run right past him.  Like, when you’re playing deep, dudes can’t do that.

Hes got a shot at being really good, but I’d rather let next season play out and then have to pay him more as opposed to sign him prematurely based on a couple good games against Huntley, Dalton, and Wentz.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Brothers.....I am back now. I was taking some time off for the Holidays. And the Weather was perfect on Sunday....I went to the game since they were in my backyard LOL.

A Bunch of Folks from the Local Browns Backers Bar was there.....we had a good time.

Now What'd I Miss since I been gone LOL...

• Like 3