Official 2023 RB Thread

tyler735

I definitely have Bijan as a better prospect than a guy like Zeke coming out. Probably wouldn’t have him quite as high as Barkley, but pretty close. I’d be pretty comfortable saying he is one of my top 4 RB prospects in the past 10 years.

1. Christian McCaffrey

2. Saquon Barkley

3. Bijan Robinson

4. Jonathan Taylor

I’d say I have Robinson and Taylor neck and neck. Robinson’s versatility to line up all over and make an impact as a receiver I think might give him the edge for me over Taylor’s freakish size/speed combo.

• Like 1

I've definitely jumped on the Tyjae Spears bandwagon. I think this class is loaded with RB talent and if my team missed out on versatile/explosive guys like Gibbs and Achane, then Spears would be a great consolation prize that you could probably get in the 3rd/4th round.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I've definitely jumped on the Tyjae Spears bandwagon. I think this class is loaded with RB talent and if my team missed out on versatile/explosive guys like Gibbs and Achane, then Spears would be a great consolation prize that you could probably get in the 3rd/4th round.

Welcome to my wagon 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:15 PM, tyler735 said:

I definitely have Bijan as a better prospect than a guy like Zeke coming out. Probably wouldn’t have him quite as high as Barkley, but pretty close. I’d be pretty comfortable saying he is one of my top 4 RB prospects in the past 10 years.

1. Christian McCaffrey

2. Saquon Barkley

3. Bijan Robinson

4. Jonathan Taylor

I’d say I have Robinson and Taylor neck and neck. Robinson’s versatility to line up all over and make an impact as a receiver I think might give him the edge for me over Taylor’s freakish size/speed combo.

Not factoring in what they've done as pros:

TIER 1 (Generational)
1. Saquon Barkley
2. Leonard Fournette

TIER 2 (HOF talent)
3. Bijan Robinson
4. Christian McCaffrey

TIER 3 (All-pro talent)
5. Duke Johnson

^^^^^
those are the guys I had elite grades on over the past 10 years. Oops on Duke & Fournette.

28 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not factoring in what they've done as pros:

TIER 1 (Generational)
1. Saquon Barkley
2. Leonard Fournette

TIER 2 (HOF talent)
3. Bijan Robinson
4. Christian McCaffrey

TIER 3 (All-pro talent)
5. Duke Johnson

^^^^^
those are the guys I had elite grades on over the past 10 years. Oops on Duke & Fournette.

I've nailed my top RB's in recent years, but my top WR's is certainly a different story lol

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What would you all say the drop off is from Bijan to the 2nd best RB in this draft? Hell, who even is the 2nd best RB in this class? Seems like it is Bijan, then a million other talented, but not as talented, prospects after him.

I'd say Gibbs from Alabama is likely RB2. Then you're talking Tank Bigsby or Zach Evans I'd wager.

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What would you all say the drop off is from Bijan to the 2nd best RB in this draft? Hell, who even is the 2nd best RB in this class? Seems like it is Bijan, then a million other talented, but not as talented, prospects after him.

Yeah it certainly seems that once you get past Robinson and Gibbs there is a ton of variation of RB rankings this year. My current top 5 probably is much different than most currently have them ranked. 

I'd currently rank them:

1. Bijan Robinson

2. Jahmyr Gibbs

3. Devon Achane

4. Tyjae Spears

5. Mohamed Ibrahim

This isn't the order I think they will be drafted, but I think when all is said and done a guy like Mohamed Ibrahim will be one of those guys we come back to in a year and wonder why he wasn't drafted earlier. Someone will get a steal on day 3 with him. 

This might sound crazy, but my #2 RB in the class might just end up being Roschon Johnson. He has excellent vision, patience, lateral quickness, and elite level power/pop in his pads. He's a great blocker too. The only thing he is lacking is great homerun speed and/or great hands. He's good in both areas, but lacks that extra gear. Underutilized as a pass catcher, but I think it's because they had Bijan more than the fact he can't catch.