BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I'm not going to keep arguing over what you all have in your mind.  I asked for something to stop, it continued.  Every time it continued, i fought back with an hour.  How it went from a quick break to 8 hours or whatever it was , y'all can figure it out.  I own what I did was childish, and probably somewhat selfish, but lets not act like I was unprovoked

Regardless, I really have nothing else to say in this thread as obviously I'm the bad guy here, so please start looking for my replacement.  Thank you

You aren't the bad guy.  Just possibly the most stubborn person I have ever met.

If you notice, the pinging and psychoanalyzing did stop today. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It felt like people forgot how good Tuli was in the real games once the underwear Olympics started and other guys showed off their athleticism. Would never guess he'd fall to R4 three months ago. Nice pick.

I was pretty meh about his tape honestly. And I felt like he was better when he was bulked up and working on the inside. So when he came in at the combine at pure EDGE weight I was even less in on him.

Other picks I've really liked today:

Ade Ade was my top Edge that I thought we might have a shot at. Played better than you'd think based on his stats. Shades of Cam Jordan there, I think he's a more productive pro than college player.

Steve Avila was a guy I would love to move to center but obviously I can't control what a real NFL team does.

We thought we had a real chance at LaPorta with 4.14, glad we grabbed Mayer when we did because we would have missed out on our top 3 players at tight end otherwise. Would have been fun to pull a Pats and draft a Gronk/Hernandez duo (without the murder, one hopes).

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

Other picks I've really liked today:

Ade Ade was my top Edge that I thought we might have a shot at. Played better than you'd think based on his stats. Shades of Cam Jordan there, I think he's a more productive pro than college player.

Steve Avila was a guy I would love to move to center but obviously I can't control what a real NFL team does.

We thought we had a real chance at LaPorta with 4.14, glad we grabbed Mayer when we did because we would have missed out on our top 3 players at tight end otherwise. Would have been fun to pull a Pats and draft a Gronk/Hernandez duo (without the murder, one hopes).

Two future Werewolves 😎

I actually hope Adebawore gets moved inside though honestly. If he ends up a full time EDGE in the NFL I won't complain either but I would love to see his movement skills on the interior, feel like he can be more disruptive there.

As for Avila, I agree I would rather have him at center but I'm definitely fine with him being at guard too. His versatility and pro-readiness were the things I liked most about him. I knew I didn't want to leave this draft without him.

• Like 1

So, could I deescalate the situation by saying I enjoy everyone in the league and being a part of it even when we annoy each other like family or like obnoxious roommates due to living in close proximity with one another?

• Like 2

I haven't really followed what's going on here but imo holding up the draft for the sake of holding up the draft is definitely a **** move. People from different timezones (myself, in the past Ted, Sancho, English dudes) aren't always available at US peak hours and in the past I've set alarms/woken up early/stayed up late to make picks so its quite frustrating for the draft to be needlessly held up when it's a window that I'm available, especially when it's near my pick and/or I'm trying to organise a trade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm not aiming to look better.  I'm probably resigning after today anyhow cause quite frankly I didn't sign up to be told I'm a pos and seeking attention or whatever. Quite the opposite.  Mwil just compared the fact I asked for a trade today to yesterday so I wanted to say it was different (you did nothing wrong mwil) . Yesterday I had zero interest in a trade.  But people decided they wanted to needle me. I don't take kindly to it, they kept at it. Here we are. Childish, probably.  But I made my feelings clear on it and if people want to continue on that path, my only recourse is to stick to what I was saying I was going to do and stand up for myself in the only way I could in my brain in the situation.  I'll stay on til you all can find a replacement

The one thing that occurred yesterday is Pete was doing his k pick stuff like he has done with every other person and you took it personally. The rest of yesterday wouldn't have happened if everyone and I do mean everyone acted their age. 

• Like 1