BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

hood-rat.thumb.jpg.c0ba8ec566d9869d3ae5d

CAMDEN DRAFT SUMMARY

With only 3 picks, we had to use them wisely. I went with what I thought was BPA at each pick regardless of "need" especially considering all the picks were late. We are hoping real life teams like their potential enough and grab them in the first 2 days of the draft and give them either big roles or a path to quick development.

6.11 Tyler Steen, OT - Alabama

7.7 Zach Evans, RB - Mississippi

7.16 Trey Palmer, WR - Nebraska

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 7

Just now, LAOJoe said:

hood-rat.thumb.jpg.c0ba8ec566d9869d3ae5d

CAMDEN DRAFT SUMMARY

We only 3 picks so we had to use them wisely. I went with what I thought was BPA at each pick regardless of "need" especially considering all the picks were late. We are hoping real life teams like their potential enough and grab them in the first 2 days of the draft and give them either big roles or a path to quick development.

6.11 Tyler Steen, OT - Alabama

7.7 Zach Evans, RB - Mississippi

7.16 Trey Palmer, WR - Nebraska

Steen was one of my overall favorite picks of the draft.  He'll be a good starter at some spot.

• Like 2

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Draft Recap

1.12 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Jordan Addison WR USC

Draft fell perfectly to us, too perfect perhaps. We attempted to move down and acquire more picks, but we all know what happened. It narrowed down quickly to BPA - Devon Witherspoon, or BPA with Need weight. Ultimately, our level of comfort at our cornerback group, combined with small receiver room, leaned us into selecting our #1 receiving prospect Jordan Addison. Highly likely that he goes later in the real draft, but more importantly we really feel he's capable of making an immediate day 1 impact, and provides us with real flexibility with Terry McLaurin and Amon-Ra St. Brown, being able to play inside and outside. He may not necessarily be the prototypical #1 receiver, but for our offense he's a perfect fit. Time will tell if we regret adding need into the mix, but there was no way to anticipate how perfectly the draft would fall into our lap.

3.15 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

Without a 2nd and 3rd round pick heading into the draft, we were forced to sit back and watch as players went off the board. That being said, we had an abundance of late round picks including three 7ths, so as we watched our #2 receiving prospect slide down the draft we knew we would have to move up from 4.5, and made the deal. Hyatt is a superb deep threat, we understand who he is and what he provides, and that's exactly what we're going to be able to use him for. Absolutely thrilled to have revamped our receiving unit in such a short haul, and we're excited to see what John Metchie will bring as well.

4.13 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Will McDonald IV EDGE Iowa State

BPA all the way. When we saw that our #1 edge prospect had slide all the way down into the fourth, we knew it was a no-brainer to take the best player available and further strengthen our advantage at edge. McDonald will have an opportunity to learn and develop behind some of the best elite players, and could make a contribution as part of a rotation as well as keeping an eye on the future.

6.13 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Brenton Strange TE Penn State

Evaluating Strange's tape, we felt that he provides us with a lot of utility, being able to leverage him as an H-back out the backfield and really think his best playing days are ahead. Tight End is a position where we have a lot of players but aside from the potential 3-up Evan Engram, there's an opportunity for someone to step up and contribute. Likewise, he may have an opportunity to get on the field his rookie season, and again, it might be a bit bold, but his metrics, tape, and overall evaluation had him as our #1 tight end prospect, continuing an unbelievable draft.

7.5 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Jaquelin Roy INT LSU

Da'Ron Payne is beloved in Abidjan, but his NFL contract is quite expensive, and may prohibit him from receiving a 3-up offer. While free agency still looms ahead, it's better to try and add some young blood into the mix. With a certain interior defender's recent antics taking him off our board, we were utterly shocked to see our #1 defensive tackle prospect slide all the way to the bottom of the draft, and are thrilled to add him to our interior rotation - just like Strange, we believe his better playing days are in the years to come.

7.13 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Keondre Coburn INT Texas

What better way to follow our #1 defensive tackle prospect selection with our #1 nose tackle prospect selection. Coburn is a big, big boy, and we're glad to add him in to help out in goal-line and short-yardage situation. In addition, it'll be interesting to see how he develops once he's in an NFL locker room.

All in all, we walked away with our #1 WR, #2 WR, #1 Edge, #1 TE, #1 DT, #2DT(#1NT). Stellar drafting and unbelievable how we landed some of these prospects. It's going to be a fun year.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952bxnesc21zepctha64q4

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Somebody want to go through and post up everyone's draft classes in one hand dandy convenient post?

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Rack generally has a Google sheet of this

Yeah I'll be putting that together maybe when I get home today, otherwise sometime this week. I'll probably just change the tab in the draft doc that tracked everyone's remaining picks to one that contains their full draft class.

• Like 1

Greenland draft recap and thoughts 

1.16 Joey Porter Jr., CB - This was our number 1 target in the draft after moving back to the end of the 1st round.  I feel Porter Jr. can be the best CB in this draft in a similar mold to Tariq Woolen 

2.4 Jack Campbell, LB - Campbell stood out to me as the top LB in the draft and someone who should be starting from day 1.  Definitely has the feel of an old school LB which hopefully will be making a comeback

2.7 Bryan Bresee, DT - Out of all of the DT's in this draft i felt the biggest upside was Bresee.  He dealt with injury and personal loss at Clemson and in reality with a healthy year or two could be the stud he was as a freshman 

3.7 Drew Sanders, LB - if Campbell was LB1 in this draft to me, Sanders was LB2.  He did have only one season as a starter in college but it was a dominant one and in the SEC so the upside here is also huge.  I felt he could be Micah Parsons' lite 

3.13 Emmanuel Forbes, CB - ignore the weight and watch the tape.  Big time playmaker with a knack to get the ball and score when he does

5.15 Gervon Dexter, DT - big upside if he can improve his get off

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Greenland draft recap and thoughts 

1.16 Joey Porter Jr., CB - This was our number 1 target in the draft after moving back to the end of the 1st round.  I feel Porter Jr. can be the best CB in this draft in a similar mold to Tariq Woolen 

2.4 Jack Campbell, LB - Campbell stood out to me as the top LB in the draft and someone who should be starting from day 1.  Definitely has the feel of an old school LB which hopefully will be making a comeback

2.7 Bryan Bresee, DT - Out of all of the DT's in this draft i felt the biggest upside was Bresee.  He dealt with injury and personal loss at Clemson and in reality with a healthy year or two could be the stud he was as a freshman 

3.7 Drew Sanders, LB - if Campbell was LB1 in this draft to me, Sanders was LB2.  He did have only one season as a starter in college but it was a dominant one and in the SEC so the upside here is also huge.  I felt he could be Micah Parsons' lite 

3.13 Emmanuel Forbes, CB - ignore the weight and watch the tape.  Big time playmaker with a knack to get the ball and score when he does

5.15 Gervon Dexter, DT - big upside if he can improve his get off

Aside from the move up for Campbell, I also think yall had a really good class.  You needed more CBs and more front 7 talent and you definitely added it.

• Like 1