BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

******* Pats drafting Sidy Sow and SirA just homering his team's picks.

If is makes you feel any better he was actually one of about 5 guys left I had in play for my final 7th round pick. Love me some Sow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

If is makes you feel any better he was actually one of about 5 guys left I had in play for my final 7th round pick. Love me some Sow.

Lol SirA you had PFA 2.12 not 13.

• Like 1

Landing Spots:

Jahmyr Gibbs - Detroit Lions - Happy about this pick, especially with Swift traded away. They didn't draft him 12th overall to not use him and they have a good offensive mind. My only concern is I don't know how much the Lions use their RBs as receivers as I think that should be a big part of Gibbs' game.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah - Kansas City Chiefs - There's a pretty easy path to starting time for FAU, should get solidly in the rotation early if he's not starting outright. Really not much downside to this fit, happy with this one.

Adetomiwa Adebawore - Indianapolis Colts - And here was my big faller. I'm not too surprised as I thought he was a 3rd rounder on tape alone, I just thought his testing would push him up some. I'm just so-so on the landing spot here. They've already got a star in DeForest Buckner and then they seem to like running a NT beside him. I'm worried they're going to make Adebawore an big DE which is not what I see as his best fit.

Steve Avila - Los Angeles Rams - Great fit, should be an instant starter, likely at guard. While I would have preferred Avila at center, I'm not mad with him having a clearly defined role. Should be a plug and play guy for me and the Rams.

Cedric Tillman - Cleveland Browns - Probably a good long-term fit but I don't know how much play he's going to get year 1. Donovan Peoples-Jones is a FA next year and Amari Cooper is expensive and could be a cap casualty. So I'm looking more for Year 2 with Tillman at this point unless he surprises.

Keion White - New England Patriots - If he's good early, I think there's not a ton in the way to keep him from the starting role. However, I am not looking forward to Belichick's wild DE ride. Hopefully White is just overwhelmingly good right out of the gate so I don't have to worry about Belichick playing games with his snaps.

Tyrique Stevenson - Chicago Bears - I like this fit a lot, he certainly has a chance to come in and start right away. What's nice is I also have Kindle Vildor and right now they are probably the main two competing for the starting spot across from Jaylon Johnson so I should end up with a starter either way.

Tucker Kraft - Green Bay Packers - Well this was a nightmare scenario I hadn't imagined. I'm assuming by taking 2 TEs early that Green Bat is going to look to use more 2 TE looks and in that sense, Musgrave and Kraft at least complement each other and do not overlap. I wish he'd gone somewhere else though where I didn't have to worry about an earlier draft pick at the same position.

Kyu Blu Kelly - Baltimore Ravens - Great fit, love it. He feels like a Ravens CB. The Ravens have some pretty horrible depth at CB right now so Kelly will likely get snaps and could potentially start early.

Ji'Ayir Brown - San Francisco 49ers - Love the fit with Ji'Ayir here as well, he fits this 49ers system great. He has versatility to play either safety spot so I can see him getting looks even if it's just as the third safety. I think he could push for Tashaun Gipson's job.

Zacch Pickens - Chicago Bears - Another good fit, despite also being taken by a team who invested an earlier pick in the same position. The Bears are pretty rough on the DL so I could see a world where Dexter Sr. and Pickens both start or at least get significant playing time early.

Chandler Zavala - Carolina Panthers - Obviously I knew the landing spot for this one before I picked but I think he's in a great position and was surprised he wasn't taken sooner. Austin Corbett is likely to miss time early next season and there's really nobody else there to challenge Zavala for that starting spot. If he can take it and perform well, it's his job to lose.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Landing Spots:

Jahmyr Gibbs - Detroit Lions - Happy about this pick, especially with Swift traded away. They didn't draft him 12th overall to not use him and they have a good offensive mind. My only concern is I don't know how much the Lions use their RBs as receivers as I think that should be a big part of Gibbs' game.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah - Kansas City Chiefs - There's a pretty easy path to starting time for FAU, should get solidly in the rotation early if he's not starting outright. Really not much downside to this fit, happy with this one.

Adetomiwa Adebawore - Indianapolis Colts - And here was my big faller. I'm not too surprised as I thought he was a 3rd rounder on tape alone, I just thought his testing would push him up some. I'm just so-so on the landing spot here. They've already got a star in DeForest Buckner and then they seem to like running a NT beside him. I'm worried they're going to make Adebawore an big DE which is not what I see as his best fit.

Steve Avila - Los Angeles Rams - Great fit, should be an instant starter, likely at guard. While I would have preferred Avila at center, I'm not mad with him having a clearly defined role. Should be a plug and play guy for me and the Rams.

Cedric Tillman - Cleveland Browns - Probably a good long-term fit but I don't know how much play he's going to get year 1. Donovan Peoples-Jones is a FA next year and Amari Cooper is expensive and could be a cap casualty. So I'm looking more for Year 2 with Tillman at this point unless he surprises.

Keion White - New England Patriots - If he's good early, I think there's not a ton in the way to keep him from the starting role. However, I am not looking forward to Belichick's wild DE ride. Hopefully White is just overwhelmingly good right out of the gate so I don't have to worry about Belichick playing games with his snaps.

Tyrique Stevenson - Chicago Bears - I like this fit a lot, he certainly has a chance to come in and start right away. What's nice is I also have Kindle Vildor and right now they are probably the main two competing for the starting spot across from Jaylon Johnson so I should end up with a starter either way.

Tucker Kraft - Green Bay Packers - Well this was a nightmare scenario I hadn't imagined. I'm assuming by taking 2 TEs early that Green Bat is going to look to use more 2 TE looks and in that sense, Musgrave and Kraft at least complement each other and do not overlap. I wish he'd gone somewhere else though where I didn't have to worry about an earlier draft pick at the same position.

Kyu Blu Kelly - Baltimore Ravens - Great fit, love it. He feels like a Ravens CB. The Ravens have some pretty horrible depth at CB right now so Kelly will likely get snaps and could potentially start early.

Ji'Ayir Brown - San Francisco 49ers - Love the fit with Ji'Ayir here as well, he fits this 49ers system great. He has versatility to play either safety spot so I can see him getting looks even if it's just as the third safety. I think he could push for Tashaun Gipson's job.

Zacch Pickens - Chicago Bears - Another good fit, despite also being taken by a team who invested an earlier pick in the same position. The Bears are pretty rough on the DL so I could see a world where Dexter Sr. and Pickens both start or at least get significant playing time early.

Chandler Zavala - Carolina Panthers - Obviously I knew the landing spot for this one before I picked but I think he's in a great position and was surprised he wasn't taken sooner. Austin Corbett is likely to miss time early next season and there's really nobody else there to challenge Zavala for that starting spot. If he can take it and perform well, it's his job to lose.

Your Tucker Kraft feelings were kind of how I felt last year when Likely ended up to the Ravens after they took Kolar earlier in the same round (obviously later in the draft than Musgrave and Kraft and those two were different rounds apart). But it still kind of worked out for us. 

• Like 1

Firebird landing spot analysis: Updated with PFAs

Bryce Young- Panthers

This was the assumed landing spot for a while. They traded a ton to get him, have a really good defense and offensive line in addition to a very QB friendly coaching staff. They spent their resources giving him weapons: Chark, Thielen, Sanders, Hurst in FA and Mingo in the draft. If he is going to succeed the environment is built for it.

Jalen Carter- Eagles

After everything Carter has been through, I would have been really concerned if Carter was drafted to be the cornerstone to rebuild a bad defense. But going to Philly who was just in the Super Bowl, and a roster ready to win, and an established coaching staff, front office, roster and culture is the ideal environment to give him the opportunity to be the player he can be.

Quentin Johnston- Chargers

Being the #2 WR off the board and getting paired up with prime Justin Herbert is a great situation. He is buried a bit behind Keenan and Mike Williams but those guys aren’t exactly the pillar of health. The opportunity should be there to be productive with a great young QB.

Matthew Bergeron- Falcons

A but if a bummer as they announced him as a G and all indications are he’s expected to be the Falcons LG, but I desperately needed a RT. But great draft capital and is penciled into start already, give my team much needed depth and talent on the o line

Darius Rush- Colts

The drop to the 5th was a gut punch, I thought top 100 was his floor. But the Colts have nothing established at outside CB, so he is in position to get on the field and make an impact. 

Wanya Morris- Chiefs 

As soon as I saw his draft capital and landing spot he shot to the top of my PFA board. The only thing standing in his way of starting is Lucas Niang. 

Nick Saldivari- Saints

Saldivari was very high on my list of BDL undrafted players based on my predraft evaluation. The Saints traded up to the top of the 4th to go get him because they are very high on him too. Add in the fact that Cesar Ruiz's 5th year option was not picked up and Andrus Peat is at the end of his time as a useful starting guard and I see the clear path for immediate and long term playing time if the evaluation is correct.

Nick Herbig- Steelers

Herbig fell down the board further than I expected, but as soon as I saw the landing spot he jumped up my PFA board. Herbig is the type of LB/EDGE tweener that I think the Steelers will know how to use and deploy. There seems to plenty of playing time available as a 3rd rusher or as an offball backer to give him a shot to have an impact early.

• Like 2

We came to a consensus that Mayer landed at his 23rd best spot, congratulations @Blue for winning that argument and proving to me that it was, not in fact, the worst landing spot possible.

Joel Embiid Good Job GIF

Thankfully Broderick Jones ended up in Pittsburgh, where he's probably penciled in as an immediate starter.

Isaiah Foskey landing at New Orleans, where he will probably get into the rotation at some point...I guess.

Israel Abanikanda landed with the NY Jets, where they're apparently stockpiling RBs. Hall, Carter, and Knight are in front of him, so that's a very disappointing landing spot in my opinion.

Ricky Stromberg landed in Washington, where they have a weak OL, but a strong C group having just signed Nick Gates to a 3 year deal. Unless he kicks to OG, Stromberg looks like a backup...as even long time starter Chase Roullier is still on the roster there. Some experts believe that Stromberg is a swing C/OG, so...LOL if he gets moved.

Noah Sewell landed in an absolutely loaded LB corps in Chicago behind Edmunds and Edwards (ironically we felt like he was a very similar guy to Edwards predraft). Per the Bears, they believe he will be a valuable depth piece, special teamer, and potentially have some hybrid blitz/edge flexibility in pass rush situations, hoping to become a starter down the line.

• Like 3

My top 100 pre BDL Draft with BDL and NFL Landing spots

1 CJ Stroud QB Ohio State 1 Berlin 2 Texans
2 Bryce Young QB Alabama 2 Raleigh 1 Panthers
3 Will Anderson EDGE Alabama 3 Hungary 3 Texans
4 Jalen Carter DT Georgia 8 Raleigh 9 EAGLES
5 Anthony Richardson QB Florida 4 Seoul 4 Colts
6 Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 5 Anchorage 17 Patriots
7 Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 13 Berlin 5 Seahawks
8 Jaxon Smith Njigba WR Ohio State 6 Anchorage 20 Seahawks
9 Paris Johnson Jr OT Ohio State 11 Gotham 6 Cardinals
10 Bijian Robinson RB Texas 7 Gotham 8 Falcons