BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

55 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Should be the 5th year price plus the years added imo. Not the AAV of the first year.

For instance, Quinnen's number this year is 1 year at $9,594.  If he signs a 4 year extension worth 25 mil a year on average, I would do 9594 + (25000x4) =109,594 total.  Then divide that by 5 for the yearly average and multiply that yearly average by .75.  Comes to $16,439.1, so I round up to $16,440 per year for 5 years.

Now, if they tear up his 5th year option and do an entirely new deal, I'm stuck paying that yearly average.

23 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For instance, Quinnen's number this year is 1 year at $9,594.  If he signs a 4 year extension worth 25 mil a year on average, I would do 9594 + (25000x4) =109,594 total.  Then divide that by 5 for the yearly average and multiply that yearly average by .75.  Comes to $16,439.1, so I round up to $16,440 per year for 5 years.

Now, if they tear up his 5th year option and do an entirely new deal, I'm stuck paying that yearly average.

Yes I agree this is how it should work

Can someone explain me this part of the FA rules? Because the way I see it, if you decrease the number of years AND increase the overall number, you'll necessarily increase the yearly salary by 5%. So I have no idea why this rule exists.

• For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Can someone explain me this part of the FA rules? Because the way I see it, if you decrease the number of years AND increase the overall number, you'll necessarily increase the yearly salary by 5%. So I have no idea why this rule exists.

• For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

I think you’re good. 

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

That's the thing, you don't have to increase the overall number. Just the salary when reducing years

Done with bidding for the week, good luck to the rest of you.

I have exactly one player I want next week. Just let me have my guy, guys. It'll make bidding a lot easier on everybody. Remember, you don't bid on my guy, I don't bid on yours.

• Like 1