Week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

14 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I told you guys at the beginning of the year I thought the Lions would finish in second place in the division. Now, I'm hoping it's third. 

You could see what was being built and it's just the beginning, the Lions are headed in the right direction. Good luck on Sunday, but not too much luck. I'm a Packer fan through and through but live in MIchigan since age of 8. 

There is definitely a bright future for this team moving forward. There are a whole lot of very good pieces to the puzzle. 

I was four when we moved to Michigan and have been here fifty-seven years...I would much rather see the Lions go on a run instead of Minnesota....They've had four tries at the ring and with no championships....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:10 AM, Just Want A Title said:

The weather is probably going to be in the 20s and 30s.  This game is all about the running game  and short-passing game for both teams. The Lions have to keep Aaron Jones and AJ Dillion in-check on defense.  They have to establish their running game on offense to keep Aaron Rodgers and company off the field and open up their passing game. 

I suspect our TEs will have to have big role in the passing game.  We should use our 3-headed TE monster (Brock Wright, Shane Zystra and James Mitchell) as much as we can.  We will also have to limit Marcedes Lewis and Robert Tonyan.  Robert Tonyan in particular could be very dangerous in a game like this.

The concern I have is that Goff has traditionally not played all that well in cold weather games. But I will say that he played a solid game the last time he played Green Bay in January in cold weather (despite having a broken thumb and a beat-up team around him).

On 1/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, Louis Friend said:

Yeah, this team has to start seasons better.

2021- 0-10 to start

2022- 1-6 to start

Hard to come back from holes like that. 

I think if you polled EVERY Vikings fan we would gladly give you that win.  I’m tired of hearing about what a great football team the Packers have. Screw em! This is your time! Each one of you was born to be a football player! No go out there and take it! 

• Like 1

Reminder:

Jamaal Williams is 6 yards away from 1,000 and 2 TDs away from breaking Barrys record. Both are already career highs for him.

Jared Goff is 475 yards and 4 TDs away from his greatest statistical season ever.

Swift is 101 rushing yards and 4 TDs away from his best season. 

Chark needs 12 yards and Reynolds need 37 yards to both hit 500 on the season.

Hutch is 2.5 sacks from 10, Houston is 2 sacks away from 10 on the season.