Week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

Couple of stats to throw out that might come into play on Sunday. 

Jamaal Williams is 6 yards away from 1,000 and 2 TDs away from breaking Barrys record. Both are already career highs for him.

Jared Goff is 475 yards and 4 TDs away from his greatest statistical season ever.

Swift is 101 rushing yards and 4 TDs away from his best season. 

Chark needs 12 yards and Reynolds need 37 yards to both hit 500 on the season.

Hutch is 2.5 sacks from 10, Houston is 2 sacks away from 10 on the season. 

The weather is probably going to be in the 20s and 30s.  This game is all about the running game  and short-passing game for both teams. The Lions have to keep Aaron Jones and AJ Dillion in-check on defense.  They have to establish their running game on offense to keep Aaron Rodgers and company off the field and open up their passing game. 

I suspect our TEs will have to have big role in the passing game.  We should use our 3-headed TE monster (Brock Wright, Shane Zystra and James Mitchell) as much as we can.  We will also have to limit Marcedes Lewis and Robert Tonyan.  Robert Tonyan in particular could be very dangerous in a game like this.

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

The Lions weren’t expected to do much of anything this year (and admittedly I didn’t expect them to either) yet here they are pushing the NFL to make them the final prime time game against an Aaron Rodgers attempting to run the table Packers team that controls their own destiny. 

it is these moments you can only hope for not only as a player but as a fan. I have no doubt these guys will be absolutely geeked out for this chance. 

i can’t wait for Sunday. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

all of Vikingdom is rooting for you guys, you know that.

knock 'em out! 

also, i'd love to see SEA lose and you guys advance to #7. you can do it!

There is nothing that I would love more than to see us meet in the playoffs. It would be a lot of fun and it would mean that our mortal enemy, the Packers, are sitting at home drowning themselves in a wheel of Wisconsin cheddar. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

There is nothing that I would love more than to see us meet in the playoffs. 

hmm, you can't do better than 7th seed, correct?

so that means eventually, at best, you're playing the #1 seed SF or PHI on the road.

and then of course, we'd have to win twice too, which is a real maybe!

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hmm, you can't do better than 7th seed, correct?

so that means eventually, at best, you're playing the #1 seed SF or PHI on the road.

and then of course, we'd have to win twice too, which is a real maybe!

So what that pathway looks like to me.

Wildcard - (7) Detroit @ (2) 49ers

Quarterfinal - (7) Detroit @ (1) Eagles

Conference Championship - (7) Detroit @ (3) Vikings

I have you guys beating the Giants with the Cowboys beating the Bucs. Then you beat Dallas as we handle the Eagles. 

If we can get in and SOMEHOW we beat the 49ers, it's not an impossible task for us to wind up in the Conference Championship. It's unlikely and we'd probably have a hard fought loss against SF. However, if the Lions can get that first playoff win in years, I can see us making a bit of a run. 

• Like 1