Week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

9 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Bravo to the Lions media team. This is exactly why I hated listening to the talking heads gushing about us prior to the Carolina game. The only thing they'd really bring up is Dan Campbell and the knee caps or his coffee order. You didn't get it before we went on this crazy streak. I think the team did start to get a bit unfocused or looking toward this game with GB (coupled with the awful field conditions) and they got punched in the mouth. That settled things down and this game was all about respect. You can hear it in Elliott's comments plain as day. Getting to 9-8, knocking out the Packers and earning that respect was just as important as potentially making a push into the playoffs. 

The ejection of Quay Walker was completely justified.  However, I hope the league takes a look at the extremely dirty hit that was committed on D'Andre Swift.  He was in the grasp and starting to go down when an interior lineman (Jarran Reed I think) gave him a wicked forearm shot to the head.  The showed it once during the game and it was pretty clear that it wasn't "incidental contact".  I hope Jarran Reed gets a hefty fine and a suspension.  A sever punishment for something like that is definitely justified.

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

How cool is it so see Sheila Ford Hamp to make the trip to Green Bay and be in the locker room.  This is so good to see and says a lot about how committed she is to creating a good organization/team.

She really has been phenomenal. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

She really has been phenomenal. 

This is what I had been saying when she took things over. Give her her own opportunity to prove whether she's her own person or an extension of her parents. 

She has been wonderful and (someone else had commented I just can't think of where I saw this) her background as a tennis player has instilled a competitive spirit in her. I don't think this was the case for her parents, which is why maybe they didn't understand and respond to the competitive nature required to be successful in this league. 

I really liked seeing her in the room and then also standing off to the side until she was brought in. She knows this isn't about her but it is also great that she's being included by Campbell. There is clearly a level of mutual respect and trust. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I wonder how the Lions will be talked about next season. Especially as many believe "all roads go through Detroit". Oh, and Aaron, you were 0-2 against us this year... with some really ugly ints.

This tweet really appealed to my juvenile sense of humor 😆

• Like 4