The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Jesus coming back would happen before Derek would 

I'm just playing.  Right after the Pittsburgh game I posted I thought the Carr ship had sailed. The good news is, maybe Carrs market expands with this news.  

• Like 1

At this time it’s really role with Stidham and draft a QB at 7 or with a trade up. 

Gonna have tons of cap space could fill out a really good roster. 

Rodgers is still very intriguing but the draft capital is still hard to come to terms with. 

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Rodgers is still very intriguing but the draft capital is still hard to come to terms with. 

I have a really hard time seeing this happening. I feel like McDaniels coaching style and Rodgers ego would be a disaster together. Hate the idea of giving multiple picks and then watching the epic train wreck those two would be together.

16 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I have a really hard time seeing this happening. I feel like McDaniels coaching style and Rodgers ego would be a disaster together. Hate the idea of giving multiple picks and then watching the epic train wreck those two would be together.

Honestly it’s the only situation that would make the Broncos actually look smart in comparison. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

At this time it’s really role with Stidham and draft a QB at 7 or with a trade up. 

Gonna have tons of cap space could fill out a really good roster. 

I don't see any way that they roll into the season with Stidham as the primary starter. It's likely going to be Jimmy G.

All of these qb solutions are the ones who have experience in the system, does it have to be that way? Cuz I’d still kick the tires on the stache. But that’s just me. Btw, Gannon was strictly a backup until gruden gave him a shot....and he ran with it.... literally.

Stidham, minshew and a rookie? Not great but not terrible. Maybe mckee in the second if he tests well? We shall see. I like stroud but doubt he’ll be available without trading up. And I like Levis better than Richardson. Neither at 7 tho. Too much defensive talent there. Hopefully we get something for Carr. Nola has a first rounder now. Lol

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy isn’t a primadonna like DC that’s scared of competition, he thrives in it. 

Be a placeholder for a year, or be the potential starting QB moving forward? I’d say Jets.