The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

Just now, Geezy said:

Be a placeholder for a year, or be the potential starting QB moving forward? I’d say Jets. 

Free agency is before the draft so he wouldn’t know that we are drafting Stroud until he signs. 

Play in a dome with multiple all pros around you > play in the cold with Garrett Wilson and not much else behind him. 

I’m also assuming Aaron Rodgers is the Jets primary target after they just hired Hackett

I'm having a hard time believing that Rodgers trade compensation will be more than a Day 2 pick. He's 39, he's making $50M, and he plays the "will-he won't-he" retirement card every off-season. Potentially one year of good QB play isn't worth a 1st. That's why people wanted Brady over Rodgers--that and system familiarity. Rodgers to Adams would certainly be lethal of course.

Carr for Rodgers would actually make a lot of sense from a trade and compensation standpoint, but not sure how the numbers would shake out.

In the end, it'll be Will Levis and Stidham.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Free agency is before the draft so he wouldn’t know that we are drafting Stroud until he signs. 

Play in a dome with multiple all pros around you > play in the cold with Garrett Wilson and not much else behind him. 

I’m also assuming Aaron Rodgers is the Jets primary target after they just hired Hackett

Jimmy is going to sign a contract to be the guy. No way we pay what hell cost and still take a QB at 7. The Jets  Wilson, Breece Hall, OL and a good defense. Jets aint a bad place at all. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Problem with this is now we're getting into the pipedream category.

I agree with you. 

I'm not a huge fan of giving up major draft capital (2 first round picks) for a 2-year rental.  We don't have the roster to win a SB with a QB like Aaron Rodgers.  We have no defense. 

Our entire focus should be on filling out the roster with real talent and adding a QB in the draft.  I'm all for signing some FA DL (D. Payne, Javon Hargrave) and signing/drafting the rest of our defense and OL.  We don't need offensive weapons (maybe some depth or at most a #2 WR).  We need maybe one starting caliber OG.  Crosby, Payne, Hargrave, C. Jones and we're getting 40 sacks a season.  The constant pressure coming from those 4 would make our entire defense look better.

I know what I just wrote is a pipedream, but it's my pipedream.

Edited by Jerry

32 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Lol anyone see the article by ESPN simulating NFL QB offseason changes? Paul Gutierrez has us signing Garoppolo for 2 years 70 million. 

If we signed that deal, Zeigler and McDaniels should immediately be sent out for a ride into the desert. 

• Like 6

Arod is gonna cost more than this current team can afford, both cap wise and comp wise. Tom terrific retired..... ny isn’t letting Jones walk , neither will the Seahawks with smith. That leaves pretty much2nd/3rd tier guys in FA. Stidham,brissett/minshew and the right rook, in the right pick is what is do (stroud at 7, Levis with a trade back, or possibly McKee in the second) then let the battle begin. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we signed that deal, Zeigler and McDaniels should immediately be sent out for a ride into the desert. 

I’m calling “Shotgun” now in the event that happens.  I’d absolutely want to be in that car to take care of business.

If we can get a 1st for Carr, I don’t mind giving up that 1st and a 3rd for Aaron Rodgers. We’ll still have Pick 7 to use on an elite defender like Tyree Wilson. Draft a QB in the 1st in 2024. 

I’m gonna be pretty annoyed if we get Jimmy. He’s not a Top 20 QB and is going to command a lot of money. I’d rather have Baker for a year than Jimmy. They are about the same skill level and Baker will cost pennies. 

Edited by BayRaider