The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rodgers is definitely the only clear upgrade over Carr. He’s reportedly fond of Josh McDaniels and assuming we bring everyone back we’d have the offensive talent to compete with anyone. 

There are a few things that concern me with him though. The Jets are reportedly preparing to go all in to acquire him so if we want him we’re likely going to get in a bidding war that will cost us multiple first round picks. There’s also a pretty good chance that Rodgers only plays one more season and I don’t think Rodgers really elevates us into contention with all of the other holes we have across the roster. I’d be weary of leveraging future draft capital for a guy that might only be here for a season. 

We’re #9 in cap space. Minus Carr contract and with Arod we still have a lot of cap space left to fill holes

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You seriously live in fantasy land if you think that this is a SB caliber team just by landing a 40 year old Rogers.  Complete delusion and utter nonsense.  

Once again another homer trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  This team needs to be blown up and rebuilt to contend for a SB, not by montaging the future for a 40 year old QB who could retire at any second.  We need two to three A+ drafts to be a legit contender and the fact you mention SB with our current roster is delusional.  I am not surprised as most of your takes on here have been proven incorrect and are complete nonsense. 

It cracks me up that whatever "sexy QB" name that is rumored to be available is linked to the Raiders.  Straight up desperation by fans at it's finest.  First it was Brady, then Russ and Watson now Rogers...  Who's next?

Once again what on earth would make you think Rogers would want to come to Vegas to play?  Is it our terrible Oline that would lure him here or is the allure playing behind the leagues worst D that can't stop a high school team? How about the fact that 75 percent of our roster will be turned over?  Are these the signs of a SB contender that is a QB away?  Come on man....

Granted he doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract but I am sure the Packers wouldn't do him dirty and send him to the graveyard known as the Raiders with so many potential suitors out there.  This is also based on the "alleged" rumors that Rogers and the Packers will part ways.  At this point who knows what Rogers will do, he could retire, he could stay in GB.  Either way Rogers is no fool and if he moves on to another team he will move to one that is close to contention, not to a **** show like the Raiders. 

Complete Raider homer nonsense if you think this is a desirable spot for any QB to land but I expect nothing less form a guy who wanted to mortgage the future for a bum like Tua, Russ and was convinced Brady was coming here twice...

Add an elite defensive talent at 7, and some defensive FA’s, and Rodgers is a million times better than Carr. Then in 2024 you add even more pieces. Can absolutely win the Super Bowl. This is a quick turnaround league. 

• Like 1

Still mentions Carr in every comment lol. So obsessed. Literally

Anyway, Rodgers would be nice if we were closer to fielding a championship team but we're not. We have no OL and only 2-3 people on defense who aren't expendable. We shouldn't be looking for a short-term solution who will take away from our resources to create long-term solutions. 

12 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Still mentions Carr in every comment lol. So obsessed. Literally

Anyway, Rodgers would be nice if we were closer to fielding a championship team but we're not. We have no OL and only 2-3 people on defense who aren't expendable. We shouldn't be looking for a short-term solution who will take away from our resources to create long-term solutions. 

Exactly he’s too expensive not just $ but draft capital and he could retire anytime plus Adams left I thought because of that very reason he could retire anytime. Imo jmd needs a young qb to groom one that will listen. Rodgers isn’t going to listen to jmd lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo yes

younger

better arm

more guts

better prospect 

better in the pocket 

cheaper

He looked decent vs our sorry defense. But i watched him week 18 vs Seattle. Dude is terrible, missed wide open Targets repeatedly. He’s been on 3 teams In 2 years for a reason. 

Aaron Rodgers isn’t ideal for a staff looking to develop any type of culture. He’ll come in and take over, you think Josh wants that? Wouldn’t hate it depending on what we have to give up, but we’re not a QB away and Rodgers is only going to be around 2-3 years. We need to build something real and sustainable. I’m tired of the bandaids. 

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He looked decent vs our sorry defense. But i watched him week 18 vs Seattle. Dude is terrible, missed wide open Targets repeatedly. He’s been on 3 teams In 2 years for a reason. 

Meh give him a full off-season with our targets I’d take that chance esp for cheap. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Didn’t he take them to the playoffs?

what wr did he have in cle?

rather have baker than jimmy easily easily 

OBJ, Landry, Hunt, Chubb, OL,Njoku, defense. I’d rather roll with Stidham to be honest. Jimmys also a no for me. 

57 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly he’s too expensive not just $ but draft capital and he could retire anytime plus Adams left I thought because of that very reason he could retire anytime. Imo jmd needs a young qb to groom one that will listen. Rodgers isn’t going to listen to jmd lol

Love Rodgers to death, best pure QB ever in my book. 

But let's be honest- he'll come to Vegas, clash with McDaniels, go on some peyote adventure in the Vegas desert one day mid season and come back 3 weeks later with dreads, a purple beard, and a newfound passion for Uzbeki folk crocheting while announcing a sudden retirement. 

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

OBJ, Landry, Hunt, Chubb, OL,Njoku, defense. I’d rather roll with Stidham to be honest. Jimmys also a no for me. 

Obj was hurt. first year he had over 70catches. They were run heavy so not really wr friendly team.

i like stiddy I’d bring baker in for competition tho