The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Think Rodgers plays least two seasons. Adams would be heated if he retired after one year. They are best friends in real life. Adams/Carr are great friends too, but Rodgers is the guy Adams has been hanging out with the past 9 years. These two have always said amazing stuff about each other. 

You seriously live in fantasy land if you think that this is a SB caliber team just by landing a 40 year old Rogers.  Complete delusion and utter nonsense.  

Once again another homer trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  This team needs to be blown up and rebuilt to contend for a SB, not by montaging the future for a 40 year old QB who could retire at any second.  We need two to three A+ drafts to be a legit contender and the fact you mention SB with our current roster is delusional.  I am not surprised as most of your takes on here have been proven incorrect and are complete nonsense. 

It cracks me up that whatever "sexy QB" name that is rumored to be available is linked to the Raiders.  Straight up desperation by fans at it's finest.  First it was Brady, then Russ and Watson now Rogers...  Who's next?

Once again what on earth would make you think Rogers would want to come to Vegas to play?  Is it our terrible Oline that would lure him here or is the allure playing behind the leagues worst D that can't stop a high school team? How about the fact that 75 percent of our roster will be turned over?  Are these the signs of a SB contender that is a QB away?  Come on man....

Granted he doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract but I am sure the Packers wouldn't do him dirty and send him to the graveyard known as the Raiders with so many potential suitors out there.  This is also based on the "alleged" rumors that Rogers and the Packers will part ways.  At this point who knows what Rogers will do, he could retire, he could stay in GB.  Either way Rogers is no fool and if he moves on to another team he will move to one that is close to contention, not to a **** show like the Raiders. 

Complete Raider homer nonsense if you think this is a desirable spot for any QB to land but I expect nothing less form a guy who wanted to mortgage the future for a bum like Tua, Russ and was convinced Brady was coming here twice...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If we can get a 1st for Carr, I don’t mind giving up that 1st and a 3rd for Aaron Rodgers. We’ll still have Pick 7 to use on an elite defender like Tyree Wilson. Draft a QB in the 1st in 2024. 

I’m gonna be pretty annoyed if we get Jimmy. He’s not a Top 20 QB and is going to command a lot of money. I’d rather have Baker for a year than Jimmy. They are about the same skill level and Baker will cost pennies. 

By that logic, the difference between Carr and Rodgers all things considered is a 3rd round pick?  If Carr can fetch a FRP, it's going to cost more than that and the 3rd round pick you're including to get Rodgers.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers is well worth a 1st and change even at his age. He is one year removed from two of the best QB seasons in NFL History. 

Rodgers is probably our best option at this point. And it doesn’t waste all the stars we have right now. We can go all in for the Super Bowl for both 2023 and 2024 (hopefully win it in 2024). 

Draft Tyree Wilson at 7, and add some defensive Free Agents. Go after this damn ring. 

I still think Rodgers is Top 5 caliber, one off year doesn’t change that, he had the worst WR core he has had in his career and also battled injuries all year long. People said the same about Brady in 2019 

I would agree that the Raiders probably need to keep a FRP in this year's draft, but I proposed a similar trade in the Jets' forum several days ago.  Largely positive reviews, but something along the lines of:

Raiders Receive:
QB Aaron Rodgers

Packers Receive:
'24 FRP (Conditional*)
'25 FRP (Conditional**)

* For the '24 FRP, the pick is conditional on either Aaron Rodgers playing in 70% of the offensive snaps OR the Raiders make the playoffs, the Raiders would send a FRP to Green Bay.  If both of those tresholds aren't met, the Raiders would send a SRP to Green Bay.  If Rodgers doesn't play a single snap in 2023, that traded pick wouldn't be dealt and remains with Las Vegas.

** For the '25 FRP, the pick would be similar to that of the '24 pick but with less risk.  The pick would convey as a FRP if Rodgers played in 70%+ of the offensive snaps AND the Raiders made the Super Bowl, the Raiders would send a FRP to Green Bay.  If Rodgers plays in 50%+ of the offensive snaps and/or the Raiders make the playoffs, the Raiders would send a SRP to Green Bay.  If Rodgers doesn't play for the Raiders in 2024, the Raiders wouldn't owe a pick.  Any other scenario would result in Las Vegas sending a 3rd round pick to Green Bay.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Complete Raider homer nonsense if you think this is a desirable spot for any QB to land but I expect nothing less form a guy who wanted to mortgage the future for a bum like Tua, Russ and was convinced Brady was coming here twice...

How is it not a desirable spot? We play in a dome, have a top 5 group of weapons, and have a great offensive minded head coach. Dude made Carr and Mac Jones Pro Bowlers. Imagine what he could do with a good QB. Oh wait we’ve seen it, buddy got like 5 super bowl rings. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Jimmy G makes no sense. He's not got the arm to play vertical game JMD is playing with Adams. He's also not been in that system in 5 years. 

I see why people want to make the connection. But he is basically Derek Carr with familiarity and injury concerns.

This

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How is it not a desirable spot? We play in a dome, have a top 5 group of weapons, and have a great offensive minded head coach. Dude made Carr and Mac Jones Pro Bowlers. Imagine what he could do with a good QB. Oh wait we’ve seen it, buddy got like 5 super bowl rings. 

Why do you take the bait.... you know what his response is going to be.

Blah blah.... dumpster fire, garbage, trash. I know everything about football. You know nothing. I am right, and you are wrong. I think that sums it up..... 

My man can't even spring for another word for trash to make it more interesting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Jimmy G makes no sense. He's not got the arm to play vertical game JMD is playing with Adams. He's also not been in that system in 5 years. 

I see why people want to make the connection. But he is basically Derek Carr with familiarity and injury concerns.

Other than Rodgers there really isn’t a QB on the market that’s a clear upgrade over Carr. 

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Aaron Rodgers has to be the top target. He’s still very very good and with Adams they were one of the greatest QB/WR tandems ever. It’s a no brainer

If not Rodgers then we have to draft a QB high 

Rodgers is definitely the only clear upgrade over Carr. He’s reportedly fond of Josh McDaniels and assuming we bring everyone back we’d have the offensive talent to compete with anyone. 

There are a few things that concern me with him though. The Jets are reportedly preparing to go all in to acquire him so if we want him we’re likely going to get in a bidding war that will cost us multiple first round picks. There’s also a pretty good chance that Rodgers only plays one more season and I don’t think Rodgers really elevates us into contention with all of the other holes we have across the roster. I’d be weary of leveraging future draft capital for a guy that might only be here for a season.