The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know this forum in general is super hot/cold on Lamar, but would people riot if we targeted him? We have ample cap room and could certainly give him Carr's $40M and take on a certain % more. However I know most think of him as a glorified RB and I don't think McD would go after a QB like him. Baltimore obviously wants to keep him but if negotiations fall through, they could tag and trade him. It would absolutely take #7 +++.

Fun to think about at least.

He's going to cost like 3 1st round picks plus $45M APY and wants his whole contract GTD. He has regressed big time over the past two seasons, no thank you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree but Stroud feel so meh.... There is just nothing special to his game. And maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. 

This QB class feels weightless. Don't see a wow prospect that makes me pound the table. 

100% agree it seems like all of the them are just guys you take because you don't have a QB. Next year might be really good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's going to cost like 3 1st round picks plus $45M APY and wants his whole contract GTD. He has regressed big time over the past two seasons, no thank you.

At first I thought you were talking about Rodgers. That’s the thing most of these QBs are going to cost some serious resources. Seriously at this point the Raiders need to look to the draft for improving the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

At first I thought you were talking about Rodgers. That’s the thing most of these QBs are going to cost some serious resources. Seriously at this point the Raiders need to look to the draft for improving the team. 

They should but they won't because that was the type of rationale that caused them to move on from Carr in the first place. I feel like Mark Davis feels the pressure because it's been a really long time since the Raiders were consistently good so he's actually losing a generation of the Fanbase. This seems to be the source of like the hasty decision making and the splash signings and trades. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 5:34 AM, NYRaider said:

If the Pacers decide to keep Rodgers, I'd call on Jordan Love. There were reports that he could seek a trade and we'd be acquiring him on a team friendly deal ($3.9M in '23 | $20M in '24). Not sure they'd ask for a lot in return either, what would you be willing to give up for him?

It starts with a SRP and works from there.

After the news with Brady my official pick is rookie QB at 7 or with a trade up from 7. McDaniels and Ziegler sit their *** down in a room for the next couple weeks and then a couple more weeks and then come to a conclusion on which one they both like. 

You hope that the talent that’s there with a possible franchise tag or resign with Jacobs. Adam’s at WR with Renfrow and possibly Waller(shrug) can help speed up the process. 

Need long term success. Built on drafting well and making smart FA signings with a rookie QB on his rookie deal. 

Well when you look at Rodgers possibilities, it’s the Jets and Raiders… and I really do think the Jets roster is being overrated by people. Their OL is an injury prone mess. Their WR core is overrated, Elijah Moore might be a bust. I do think the Jets have a better roster than us top to bottom, bur our offense definitely has more star power. It would be the best cast Rodgers has had in his entire career by far. Adams, Waller, Jacobs, Renfrow. None of Rodgers cast’s come even close to that. 

It all depends who wants Rodgers more between the Raiders and Jets, and who Rodgers wants more. 

Edited by BayRaider

I guess the Titans have a slim chance to acquire Rodgers but I doubt Aaron wants to go there. Titans are on a downward spiral, downward trajectory. And their offensive roster is cheeks. Main attraction is Henry and he’s gonna be 29 this year, ancient for a RB. 

Rodgers is a perfect fit. Loaded skill positions if healthy (obviously not the case this year). We will probably even add a rookie who could upgrade the outside WR spot (I think hollins is very iffy as a starting outside receiver). We will likely upgrade the OL.

The defense just needs to be average-ish for us to be a playoff team next year. It is the clearest path to winning. Of course getting Stroud/Young would be nice, but Rodgers could conceivably play 4-5 more years, especially if he's happy with his buddy Davante.