NFL announces scenarios for a neutral site AFC Championship

TheRealMcCoy

37 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

With the Chiefs winning it officially eliminated any a scenario for the Bengals getting the one seed.

If the Bills lose today, or lose in the WC round or divisional round, the AFC goes through KC and all the drama and belly aching will have been for nothing. 

True and on some level i hope it doesnt come to that. Bengals/Bills in the divisional round will be fun nonetheless 

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Except there’s still a scenario where:

Cincinnati gets the 3 seed and has to go on the road to a 6 seed to play after losing a coin flip, while getting the first place schedule in 2023.

Or that Cincinnati has to go TO Buffalo in the AFC semifinals.

So, not really. Just on the KC and Buffalo ends.

Imagine the Bengals getting the 3 seed and not getting a single home game while having to go to a team that they had a home game canceled against.

I was talking specifically about the neutral site.

The Bengals have every right to be pissed about the con flip non sense 

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was talking specifically about the neutral site.

The Bengals have every right to be pissed about the con flip non sense 

As well as having to go to Buffalo under any circumstances at all. They should have added that caveat as well. If they go to Buffalo at any point, it’s a major problem.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As well as having to go to Buffalo under any circumstances at all. They should have added that caveat as well. If they go to Buffalo at any point, it’s a major problem.

Unless the Bengals lose today and the Bills win today then it’s normal circumstances should they meet in round 2

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Unless the Bengals lose today and the Bills win today then it’s normal circumstances should they meet in round 2

Correct. If Cincinnati wins today and they meet in the semifinals, Cincinnati gets screwed. And to be fair, KC probably says that if they don’t play Cincinnati head to head, they have one less loss and are up a full game overall.

Cinci undoubtedly got the short end of every stick here.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Correct. If Cincinnati wins today and they meet in the semifinals, Cincinnati gets screwed. And to be fair, KC probably says that if they don’t play Cincinnati head to head, they have one less loss and are up a full game overall.

Cinci undoubtedly got the short end of every stick here.

And I’ve never said otherwise.

My original point was about the AFCCG being a neutral site.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

And I’ve never said otherwise.

My original point was about the AFCCG being a neutral site.

Buffalo is my second favorite team, always has been. I think a neutral site considering is more than fair. I get that Bills fans are upset since they had a chance for a bye and home field advantage, but they also had a shot at the 3 seed if they lose that game a week ago. Essentially getting home field advantage for the entire playoffs but having to play an extra game and then not having to play a road AFC Title Game is not a bad trade off at all with all things considered.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Buffalo is my second favorite team, always has been. I think a neutral site considering is more than fair. I get that Bills fans are upset since they had a chance for a bye and home field advantage, but they also had a shot at the 3 seed if they lose that game a week ago. Essentially getting home field advantage for the entire playoffs but having to play an extra game and then not having to play a road AFC Title Game is not a bad trade off at all with all things considered.

Okay? I’ll be honest I’m not entirely sure what your response is for. I have no complaints about how things have played out for the Bills nor was that in my OP. 

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Okay? I’ll be honest I’m not entirely sure what your response is for. I have no complaints about how things have played out for the Bills nor was that in my OP. 

I’m not directly speaking to you. Sorry, didn’t mean to come across abrasive. A good friend of mine is a huge Bills fan and we got into it about this last night. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m not directly speaking to you. Sorry, didn’t mean to come across abrasive. A good friend of mine is a huge Bills fan and we got into it about this last night. 

No worries. I was just genuinely confused if something I said came across differently. 

• Like 1

Conspiracy theory:  Bills purposely lose today to secure the 3 seed.  They do this to squash all the negativity surrounding the situation. They do this to go back to Cincinnati and play the game that never finished. They do this to go to Arrowhead and take out the team that’s constantly held them from their goal. They do this for the city of Buffalo. They do it for DAMAR. 

1 hour ago, Dome said:

And I never thought a trash can could post on a football forum until you did… sometimes something happens and you just haven’t seen it before. 

It’s a good lesson for you to learn now, I’m glad you’re experiencing something new. 

What a strangely childish thing to say.

2 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I remember turning on the Denmark game after Eriksen collapsed and coming close to tears as I realised slowly why the commentators were lost for words and the Danish players were in a circle around Eriksen protecting him from the world's cameras (a powerful statement in my view).

No way they should have played on, even after they knew he'd live. The captain Kjaer had to be subbed off his mind was over the place and he was a titan for the rest of the tournament.

And in that game the cardiac arrest had nothing to do with a tackle. Playing on would not make them worry about it happening again. 

No Way could the Bills and Bengals players trust themselves fully in contact situations an hour or two later. The game would have been a disaster of hesitation and low intensity or even worse - tackles where one player commits and the other doesn't. 

Again, how is that any different from any of the other injuries? All the players must know they could be paralysed from the neck down on a bad tackle every time they play. What’s the difference?

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

Again, how is that any different from any of the other injuries? All the players must know they could be paralysed from the neck down on a bad tackle every time they play. What’s the difference?

Well I think seeing CPR administered and then defibrillators in action to save a player whose heart has clearly stopped is fundamentally different from pretty much all other injuries. Seeing Eriksen quiver after the shocks were administered is not something you forget. No heartbeat means death is there or coming quick. 

It's also incredibly rare and final, in a way the thousand other injuries on the field are not. 

That we are even having this conversation suggests our minds have become inured to the risks and consequences of playing football for our entertainment Maybe that is a problem in itself. 

30 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

Well I think seeing CPR administered and then defibrillators in action to save a player whose heart has clearly stopped is fundamentally different from pretty much all other injuries. Seeing Eriksen quiver after the shocks were administered is not something you forget. No heartbeat means death is there or coming quick. 

It's also incredibly rare and final, in a way the thousand other injuries on the field are not. 

That we are even having this conversation suggests our minds have become inured to the risks and consequences of playing football for our entertainment Maybe that is a problem in itself. 

CPR itself is a pretty damn violent sequence too, just to add to this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Soggust said:

They don't have to define "final record" because the NFL defines win % over Total Wins as their tiebreaking procedure elsewhere throughout the rulebook. Defining that seasons with cancelled games are based on "Final Record" is literally clarifying that we don't need to consider difference in games, just use win %.

Mixon even quotes a section that states - "If two or more Division Champions finish with the same win-loss-tied percentage at the end of the regular season, the tie will be broken pursuant to Section F". That seems like what we are talking about, no?

It’s a moot point because the Ravens smartly used this game as a preseason game.

But based on what is presented, it’s literally not black and white. Black and white is black and white. There’s no loopholes. This presented a loophole and that’s exactly why the NFL did what they did. I read what he posted and I read the rule section. It’s not black and white.