2023 Draft Prospects (Google Sheets) - New 2024 QB Worksheet

Karnage84

17 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Bijan could go in the top 15. Free agency could definitely change the chess board around and we could see a really good team afford to take that kind of risk on a blue chip player. 

I could see why certain teams might take him higher than expected.  He would really help take the pressure off of a young QB or back-up QB.   His high-level skills in the passing game would allow an offense to attack defenses in a lot of different ways.  With the Lions, he would allow them to run or pass from almost any formation.  Ben Johnson is already pretty good at baiting and misdirection.  Adding him to the Lions offense would make our offense much more difficult to defend.

So Jack Campbell is having quite the combine.  Slow 40 time (4.65) which hurts but dominating every other test.  Tied for second in vertical for LBs with 37.5", second in broad jump at 10'8", top 3 cone by .26 seconds over second at 6.74 and is the only LB under 7 seconds and the top 20 yard shuttle by a tenth of a second at 4.24 seconds.  Definitely could be moving up boards.   

Noah Sewell having a rough combine which will likely mean he drops given the tape doesn't tell a much different story.  

Lukas Van Ness and Jose Ramirez both having solid combines too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

His 10-yard split is pretty good.  He may not have good long-speed but he should still do OK as long he isn't covering down-field.

With how quick most passes are, I am not overly concerned by it.  The average pocket time in the league is 2.5 seconds so reacting is typically more important for coverage from LBs since they wont often be running in a straight line covering a speedy WR.  His horizontal movement and change of direction are pretty elite which should lead to being solid in zone coverage.  Since he has shown that in college, the numbers back it up and mean it should translate as long as the scheme is decent.  I think he has definitely moved himself up draft boards with his showing, which sort of sucks for us unless we trade back and pick up an early 2nd or late 1st. 

• Like 1

After seeing him today I really want Darnell Washington and wouldn't even complain if they took him at 18. Dude looked great out there, demolished the sled, to had the best catch of the combine... Really exceeded expectations in the receiving drills.

Edited by rob_shadows

8 minutes ago, General Tso said:

@Karnage84Fun exercise for you when you have time https://twitter.com/MathBomb

Has all the RAS scores from the combine. I remember reading somewhere that Holmes' guys do typically have high RAS scores, so it'd be interesting to see who the highest PFF + RAS guys are for each position.

Darnell Washington ran 4.08 on the Short Shuttle... At 270. I can't even begin to comprehend this. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Darnell Washington ran 4.08 on the Short Shuttle... At 270. I can't even begin to comprehend this. 

Surpassed Mayer imo today, either TE 1 or 2 depending on how you view Kincaid.

Edited by rob_shadows

9 minutes ago, General Tso said:

@Karnage84Fun exercise for you when you have time https://twitter.com/MathBomb

Has all the RAS scores from the combine. I remember reading somewhere that Holmes' guys do typically have high RAS scores, so it'd be interesting to see who the highest PFF + RAS guys are for each position.

I have my own worksheet that I input the combine data (or pro days if they didn't get invited to combine). Will be interesting to match up the production figures with the workout numbers. 

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Surpassed Mayer imo today, either TE 1 or 2 depending on how you view Kincaid.

Mayer is going to drop to TE4 or TE5. His testing was way below expectations. Musgrave didn't run like I've heard he should.