2023 Draft Prospects (Google Sheets) - New 2024 QB Worksheet

Karnage84

39 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Arrest warrant issued for Jalen Carter. Was involved with car racing that killed two people, fled the scene and lied to police, according to reports.

How will this affect his draft stock? Does he drop? Do you still want him? 

This is definitely not a good look.  I think we need more info and wait for official charges to come out and make a decision then but this definitely could impact his draft status.  I don't think this will have a La'el Collins type impact but it likely will make some teams be cautious causing him to drop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Arrest warrant issued for Jalen Carter. Was involved with car racing that killed two people, fled the scene and lied to police, according to reports.

If what's being reported is true he's off the draft board imo. 

Edit: Holes is wearing a Lions "Villain" hoodie at the combine, but I doubt this is the kind of villain he's looking for.  

Edited by Nnivolcm

12 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

If what's being reported is true he's off the draft board imo. 

I don't think he goes undrafted, but I'm having a hard time with the leaving the scene and lying to police when two people died. Someone gave this young man very bad advice. 

Also, Travon Walker had a "single car collision" with multiple vehicles before last year's draft (where he reportedly hit two parked cars) that he avoided charges and it was mentioned in passing during the draft. Questions should be asked of what's happening in Georgia. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't think he goes undrafted, but I'm having a hard time with the leaving the scene and lying to police when two people died. Someone gave this young man very bad advice. 

Also, Travon Walker had a "single car collision" with multiple vehicles before last year's draft (where he reportedly hit two parked cars) that he avoided charges and it was mentioned in passing during the draft. Questions should be asked of what's happening in Georgia. 

I originally read the reports and it sounded like he could be charged with something like vehicular or negligent homicide. My take him off the draft board comment was based on that.

Seeing as how the warrant is for racing and reckless driving he's no longer off my board. Still a big red flag that I would need to look into further. 

The ESPN article I linked stated he left the scene then came back. He lied at first then fessed up. I think that needs to be accounted for. Yes, he screwed up, but he's a kid and tried to make it right. There was no evidence he was drinking per the ESPN article (at least my interpretation of it). It also sounds like LaCroy was the one who lost control. Carter was racing or so it sounds.  This sounds like a kid being a stupid kid.

If this is a one time incident and no drinking and driving was going on in the case of Carter, then I'd wrap it up as one very bad decision. But if there is more overly childish behavior and it appears he doesn't learn or has a diva attitude then I'd be hard passing on him.

I wouldn't pass him up at 6 for this, with the reports that are currently available  and IF a thorough background check pans out. However, I would do my due diligence looking into his character if I took him at 6. I can see him falling though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

The ESPN article I linked stated he left the scene then came back. He lied at first then fessed up. I think that needs to be accounted for. Yes, he screwed up, but he's a kid and tried to make it right. There was no evidence he was drinking per the ESPN article (at least my interpretation of it). It also sounds like LaCroy was the one who lost control. Carter was racing or so it sounds.  This sounds like a kid being a stupid kid.

If this is a one time incident and no drinking and driving was going on in the case of Carter, then I'd wrap it up as one very bad decision. But if there is more overly childish behavior and it appears he doesn't learn or has a diva attitude then I'd be hard passing on him.

I wouldn't pass him up at 6 for this, with the reports that are currently available  and IF a thorough background check pans out. However, I would do my due diligence looking into his character if I took him at 6. I can see him falling though.

If he does fall, he'll be taken by a team that a) has stability at HC/GM and they can afford to take a swing without potentially losing their jobs; b) they don't have a significant whole at the position but he'd be an improvement over what is there now.

I'd say he doesn't make it past Philly at 10 if he even does fall. 

I'm not sure if Holmes/Campbell are in the position to take that kind of risk at 6. Maybe if you've traded down to #9 and he's still there and you have the extra capital to risk. 

5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I think he will drop for sure.  How far depends on the investigation into what he actually did and did not do.  Personally, I think Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell would not take him at #6 if he was available.  If he was available at #18 that might be worthwhile risk/reward depending on the outcome of the investigation.

54 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The more concerning issue on Jalen Carter's Drop is who replaces him in the Top 6.  Hopefully, it won't be a prospect the Lions are targeting.

I'd say Tyree Wilson or Lukas Van Ness. MAYBE one of the OT's or Witherspoon if he just balls out at the combine. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Richardson actually could do it if he blows up at the combine. I could see 4 QB's going in the top 10 if things start to look a bit desperate. 

4 qbs and a rb would be ideal in the top 5.

One can always dream, right!?

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Richardson actually could do it if he blows up at the combine. I could see 4 QB's going in the top 10 if things start to look a bit desperate. 

I think Anthony Richardson's decision to throw at the Combine could be a big help to him.  If he shows real progress on his passing accuracy and timing in the Combine environment, it would really raise his stock,  

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

I think Anthony Richardson's decision to throw at the Combine could be a big help to him.  If he shows real progress on his passing accuracy and timing in the Combine environment, it would really raise his stock,  

You don't do that unless you're confident that you can show something that can be narrative changing (or you're getting really bad advice from the team around you). 

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

4 qbs and a rb would be ideal in the top 5.

One can always dream, right!?

Bijan could go in the top 15. Free agency could definitely change the chess board around and we could see a really good team afford to take that kind of risk on a blue chip player.