2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

There's chatter that Q will take what the jets do with his brother into account during negotiations. This worries me a bit, I like Quincy but I would really a prefer a better starter at LB. I'm curious to see how JD handles the situation if Q says resign my brother for x amount of dollars or I walk. 

If I was his agent I would be strongly advising him to not do this.

What’s gonna happen? He’s only gonna negotiate with the new team if they are willing to bring in his brother also?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If I was his agent I would be strongly advising him to not do this.

What’s gonna happen? He’s only gonna negotiate with the new team if they are willing to bring in his brother also?

That's why it is very rare for this to happen but a team very well may do that to secure a player like Q.

Edited by Mattmanz

Start making a list of names. 

- Frank Reich (veteran mind, played for the Jets, Super Bowl winning Coordinator and got good seasons out of Rivers, Wentz, Luck, Foles)

- Joe Brady (passing concepts are great but overall scheme has balance issues. Would probably utilize the players we have the best)

- Gary Kubiak (old, health concerns but created/helped create the system Saleh wants to run)

• Like 1

I think we'll look at Joe Brady,  Frank Reich, Darrell Bevell, Todd Monken, Gary Kubiak, and Nathaniel Hackett. Potentially Greg Olson if we get Carr. I think we're going to aim for experience not just for the offense, but also for Saleh to learn as well. 

Edited by rickyt31

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I think we'll look at Joe Brady,  Frank Reich, Darrell Bevell, Todd Monken, Gary Kubiak, and Nathaniel Hackett. Potentially Greg Olson if we get Carr. I think we're going to aim for experience not just for the offense, but also for Saleh to learn as well. 

Bevell? Hell no

Monken? Aint leaving Georgia

Hackett? Hell no

Olson and Carr? Please stop, it's scaring me. 

As for your second point I think that's key. A consistent track record is vital. We cant have someone learning on the job again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bevell? Hell no

Hackett? Hell no

As for your second point I think that's key. A consistent track record is vital. We cant have someone learning on the job again. 

I trust your opinion on these things, you've been right too often 😂

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Bevell? Hell no

Hackett? Hell no

I said look into. These aren't names I'm excited about. Most of them have ties to Saleh or experience with QBs. Olson got the best out of Carr. No one knows what Monken wants to do because a lot of people never thought he would even come to Georgia to begin with. 

It's going to be tough because we do have the playoff mandate with no QB at the moment. Saleh and JD will have to work some magic to get a great OC to come to us. My favorite target is Joe Brady, but we'll see what happens. Who ever we get will likely have an impact on the QB we get. It's also the other way around. 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Are they looking for someone who can work with ZW? 

No word yet. I think the hire will be done before a QB decision is made so maybe once that happens we'll have some indication on where we're going QB wise. We also might have to wait for some teams to get bumped from the playoffs if we're targeting any assistants. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No word yet. I think the hire will be done before a QB decision is made so maybe once that happens we'll have some indication on where we're going QB wise. We also might have to wait for some teams to get bumped from the playoffs if we're targeting any assistants. 

I doubt Saleh will look at assistants who have never been OC's before even if they have had success coaching on playoff teams. I think he'll look at a vet OC who has had success with multiple QBs and who has a good amount of experience. It will allow the new OC to develope Zach while getting the most out of whichever vet QB we wind up with.

• Like 2