2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I think JD will try to go big for the next QB. He can't go cheap because he want to give Wilson another chance or wants to be save money.  I think he knows his job is on the line if he doesn't correct his miss at QB. 

He has no choice. But he’s also not gonna mortgage everything for a supposed “upgrade” 

If anything this showed us all that the Jets don’t have the infrastructure in place to develop a Quarterback. That’s more of an issue than not having one because when you get one it’s clear you have no idea what to do with him. 

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Very good as well. Don't know the grade but he flashed a ton in the run game. 

Would be more than fine going forward with JJ, Huff and Deebo. JFM can't be taking snaps on the edge over any of these guys, he simply doesn't consistently win and is a better DT. Same for Lawson, just not impactful enough outside of the sacks. Lack of pass rush moves as well. Would rather see us upgrade the LBs and S's now that we have legitimate young cost controlled talent at DE. Wouldn't mind a big gap stuffing DT either. We will continue to be very good against the pass with the pieces we have. Now make it harder to run the ball and maybe we'll get off the field faster instead of playing bend but dont break.

There's chatter that Q will take what the jets do with his brother into account during negotiations. This worries me a bit, I like Quincy but I would really a prefer a better starter at LB. I'm curious to see how JD handles the situation if Q says resign my brother for x amount of dollars or I walk. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Would be more than fine going forward with JJ, Huff and Deebo. JFM can't be taking snaps on the edge over any of these guys, he simply doesn't consistently win and is a better DT. Same for Lawson, just not impactful enough outside of the sacks. Lack of pass rush moves as well. Would rather see us upgrade the LBs and S's now that we have legitimate young cost controlled talent at DE. Wouldn't mind a big gap stuffing DT either. We will continue to be very good against the pass with the pieces we have. Now make it harder to run the ball and maybe we'll get off the field faster instead of playing bend but dont break.

Idk man, I think this is more of case where as fans we just desire the homegrown guys more. JFM is damn good in his role. If we keep the rotation then I think in the end it all works itself out. Depth isn't the worst thing. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk man, I think this is more of case where as fans we just desire the homegrown guys more. JFM is damn good in his role. If we keep the rotation then I think in the end it all works itself out. Depth isn't the worst thing. 

Yeah you're probably right, but when looking to add a veteran QB and have to pony up, you have to go cost controlled in some areas that you have a lot of depth to begin with. I doubt JFM is going anywhere, he'll move around that line since we love to rotate, but Lawson is going to be a casualty.