2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

(Speaking to your forum - I know you are against it).

Don't believe me.   I know I appear biased.  

Go read the GB forum regular season game day threads.  Or their current forum.  Or listen to their podcasts.  Or read GB twitter and hear it straight from their mouths.  

They are looking at you guys like a Denver sucker.  Don't do it.  They cannot wait to off load Rodgers on any patsy and they are mainly hoping it is Jets.  

This is a rug pull.  A pump and dump.  You may as well go buy an NFT.  

Go get gamepass and watch just 2022 GB offense and see for yourself.   On condensed that is about 15-20 minutes.

He will still show flashes, but he cannot lead you to a title for a full season.  And he might have one more season in him. 

He is just not same guy anymore.   

That’s bc GB hasn’t not had a QB in over 30 years. They have no clue what it’s like to have a team that’s a QB away from being a contender. Bc they’ve always had a QB. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s no evidence? We have a top defense. With a healthy (and likely improved) OL along with our RBs we have a great run game. We have a #1 WR in GW if he has a QB. And other weapons as well.

We get a QB we are contenders.

You can keep stating it outright matter of factly like that until you're blue in the face, doesn't make you right.

It's going to take a lot more than a QB to be up there with KC and Cincy. Let's focus on not being AFCE bottom dwellers first and we'll go from there.

Pat McAfee show: "Zach Wilson fooled around and wasn't serious in meetings"

Jets Fans: " This show sucks, this guy is never right, can't listen to this show, no way do I believe this clown"

Pat McAfee show: "The price to get Aaron Rodgers is something Woody would pay per Peter King of SI"

Jets Fans: "We are getting Rodgers! Its happening!"

This fan base is absolutely ridiculous...I already want this offseason to be over

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Pat McAfee show: "Zach Wilson fooled around and wasn't serious in meetings"

Jets Fans: " This show sucks, this guy is never right, can't listen to this show, no way do I believe this clown"

Pat McAfee show: "The price to get Aaron Rodgers is something Woody would pay per Peter King of SI"

Jets Fans: "We are getting Rodgers! Its happening!"

This fan base is absolutely ridiculous...I already want this offseason to be over

lol I just laughed harder than I should have. 

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Really like Broderick Jones, love his athleticism and can instantly come in and start at Left or Right Tackle. Would really like him or Trenton Simpson 

I love the idea of picking Jones. I've been watching him heavy since he handled Will Anderson two seasons ago. 

Rodgers is not going ti the Raiders. It will be Jimmy G or Brady going to the Raiders. Josh M is getting a guy he knows he can trust and knows his system. Josh M might be out the door if they don't make the playoffs with a team that is getting older with Adams, Josh Jacobs and others. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

There is to much smoke here. I think right now GB and the Jets are in talks. I don't think that many teams are lined up for a 39 year old QB that has not been himself in the last few years. They can ask for two first round picks all day but that will not happen. What I do think will happen is a first round pick this year at most. In the end I see like a second round and 4th round pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year. 

• Like 1

There really is not that much smoke. All of the smoke is just saying things that *could* happen or theorizing/speculating. None of Rodger's comments were indicative of anything. The guys just going on a talk show and saying whatever the hell comes to his brain and is notorious for toying with media that love to run with wild speculative stories.

That being said, if it did happen I can definitely get on board with Rodgers at a certain price. I understand fully that there's a possibility he's only here for one year, but having a respectable offense and having a legitimate run at the playoffs would do wonders for the morale of the organization. It would also ensure that Douglas and Saleh remain for a bit longer, which to me is a big positive as I am a believer in their philosophies. 

Yes we'll be in a position of needing a new QB in the coming years, but at least we'll be an attractive destination for once, with players that know they can win and a stable coaching situation.

Obviously if Rodgers comes in and sucks then we're screwed but the same can be said about anyone we bring in .

Send a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year that would become a first and I'm in. I think the two first round pick thing is a little crazy considering his age 

Edited by Sandwhich2