2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Carr's deadline is a month before FA activity. Raiders try to find a suitor by the deadline so they can hold him until trade is officially complete.  If not, Raiders have to release him. Because of that, Carr will be our first qb to wine and dine out on the Valentine's day.  How romantic, eh?

If he is our best option, waiting for him to get cut maybe a bad idea. We don't have a lot of money right now, so we would have to free up about $30M+ in cap space just to be considered. If we trade for him and restructure his deal, we can include guys like Lawson in the deal to help with the cap situation. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

if we're at this point of the QB search, we're begging for anyone who can give us a chance. I don't think he's great, but if we miss out on the good options, he'll be in consideration. 

You need to aim WAY higher my guy. That hurt my eyes to read.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

What about a 3rd and a conditional pick after that based on if he returns for a 2nd year? 

Timing on that is impossible.  What's keeping Rodgers and the Jets from having him "retire" before the draft, and then unretire after?

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Miami hiring Fangio makes our 2023 schedule even tougher. If the Pats pick up a new QB, we're really screwed. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if Saleh is good enough to get through next year's schedule. 

Doesn't sound like a team that is a QB away to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Doesn't sound like a team that is a QB away to me.

I'm 50/50 on that. We could very well be the 49ers before they got their first full season with Jimmy G. No one viewed them as a contending team before that SB. On the other side, we don't know what we're getting from our staff this year and if we don't have a good offseason, we could get lit up.