What if

fattlipp

Where would the franchise be right now if we traded ARod to Denver and got the haul Seattle did?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Where would the franchise be right now if we traded ARod to Denver and got the haul Seattle did?

• Better off than we are now
    • Worse off than we are now

I think with either quarterback we would have been about a .500 team which is what I thought at the beginning of the year. The advantage of trading Rodgers would have been the potential haul of draft picks and our much improved cap space picture.

I wish the best for Rodgers when him and Bak get traded to the Raiders.

Interesting what if.

The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick, sources said.

Let's assume GB could command a little more for Rodgers since I think that was Denver's preferred target.   I don't think GB wants Lock much since they have Love in place and he would get his shot.  

I would say the 2022 5th rounder goes away and a 2023 3rd rounder gets added to haul instead.

GB is picking 9 in 2022 and I think probably takes their favorite WR in draft.    They were all on board at that time.   I will just give them the first one taken in Garrett Wilson.

Let's assume they still go Walker and Wyatt with next 2 first rounders since they obviously liked them.

I think this where draft goes different.  IRL GB traded up to take Watson for 53 and 59.    I think with Wilson at 9 they no longer do that.

For simplicity rather than hindsight I will give them the actual player taken at 53 which was Alec Pierce.   

Ed Ingram was taken at 59, but because of off field issues I don't Packers realistically pull trigger on him there.   I will give them next player off board in CB Cam Taylor-Britt.

I will leave all other picks same.  

I think they make wildcard under Love and with added firepower of Wilson/Pierce to mix, but not much further than that.    Quay Walker beats up a photographer in 4th quarter so something and they lose in playoffs.  

In any event Packers are on clock at #5 in 2023 and maybe #21 or something around there.   

They have an extra 2023 2nd and 3rd to boot.  

The big what if is what Love would have looked like on that team.   Probably not bad.   Adding those two WRs and a humble/willingness to be coached is probably difference making.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

As opposed to the 4-8 the Packers were? 

We probably don't go 3-1 to start, maybe 2-2 or even 1-3. Probably puts us at 3-9 or 2-10 leading up to that point. Even if the win streak is like in real life, we'd already have been eliminated.

Edited by Zycho32

54 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

We probably don't go 3-1 to start, maybe 2-2 or even 1-3. Probably puts us at 3-9 or 2-10 leading up to that point. Even if the win streak is like in real life, we'd already have been eliminated.

Hard to say.  GB 3 wins were vs Chicago, TB ( without a WR group and score was 14-12) and NE with Brian Hoyer/Bailey Zappe

14 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

It's fair, but I'll err on the side of underachievement in my guesstimates.

you could also argue that GB gets a win or 2 in the stretch of games vs NYG, NYJ, WAS, BUF, DET

Love with some game experience and confidence.  Worse case is GB is picking top 5 and know what Love is/isn't at QB

• Like 2

The real what if is if there was some cataclysmic event that forced an NFL fantasy draft of all available players.

I just did such a thing with Madden.

My first four picks were Micah Parsons, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward and Dexter Lawrence.

Can you even imagine? If Joe Barry had that defense, he could blitz Fitzpatrick and drop Dexter Lawrence into man coverage on Justin Jefferson every play.

**** Joe Barry.

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Which site does this again?

I want to compile a list of this and shame Aaron Rodgers and tag @StatKing.

Guarantee it looked similar to this even with Adams.

Why do people on here care so much about what part of the field he throws the ball to? All that chart shows is how limited our passing game was this year with the lack of talent/inexperience we have on the roster. We need more speed at WR. Lazard and Tonyan don't threaten anybody over the middle.

• Like 1