What if

fattlipp

Where would the franchise be right now if we traded ARod to Denver and got the haul Seattle did?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Where would the franchise be right now if we traded ARod to Denver and got the haul Seattle did?

• Better off than we are now
    • Worse off than we are now

43 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Lol, I created this to be a sarcastic *** and say we told you so, should have trade ARod to Denver, see.

Never in a million years did I think people would defend keeping him was the right decision after the fact,  best or the bad is an awful place to be, even without the cap hell.

This is the thing - you and others are looking at this situation with luxury of 20/20 hindsight.  Giving him that ridiculously expensive extension will come back to haunt us and that was foolish but I can understand why they didn't trade him away like Seattle did with Wilson.  Rodgers was coming off back to back MVP seasons.  Gute and others at 1265 are not clairvoyant so they never envisioned AR playing this poorly on 2022.   

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

This is the thing - you and others are looking at this situation with luxury of 20/20 hindsight.  Giving him that ridiculously expensive extension will come back to haunt us and that was foolish but I can understand why they didn't trade him away like Seattle did with Wilson.  Rodgers was coming off back to back MVP seasons.  Gute and others at 1265 are not clairvoyant so they never envisioned AR playing this poorly on 2022.   

But they should have known it was all downhill from there...especially after the 9er game.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:26 PM, Zycho32 said:

We wouldn't have been in contention, but we would've had better long-term prospects and maybe a young QB coming into his own. I'd say better just for that.

It would've been a mixed bag, and I can see people say we'd have been worse off just going with the end results- think of the '08 Season when the team went 6-10 in AR's first season as a starter for a proper reference.

As opposed to now?

Sub .500 record, negative point differential, missing the playoffs

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Plenty of us saw that #12's value would never be any higher and it was best to trade him a year too early than a year too late.  Well, here we are and it might be too late to get a huge return now.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree on the hero ball stuff.   Your probably right on Love taking the easy stuff, but the most nervous man in the building is MLF.  He's going to beg Rodgers to come back, because he'll then be tied to Love.  His job will likely depend on Loves performance.  Can MLF afford a 5 or 6 win season next year????

If you can't win with a 4 time MVP (drink), Jordan Love is going to save the day????  I dont think so. JMO.

Like I get the angst over Love.  But I think he will function just fine.  He's got young, fresh legs to get him out of trouble.  He can run an offense under center.  And his arm was very impressive when he had to play this past year.  He threw with a lot more zip than Rodgers did.

Guess I feel that with this roster, he's a 9-10 win QB.  If he has to carry the load himself, then he's probably a 3-4 win QB right now.  But he wouldn't have to carry the load here.

And these are just feelings that I have about him.  Nothing concrete.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:14 AM, Outpost31 said:

We'd be in the playoffs.

You go back and watch how many plays break open across the middle in this offense only to be entirely ignored by Rodgers is just...

His final pass as a Packer was an interception when he had Lazard breaking very extremely wide open across the middle.

He has the greatest ability of all time, yet he handicapped himself by removing the middle of the field.

I think Rodgers has been different since Finley got injured, in regards to ignoring the middle of the field. Good or bad, I think he's overly concerned about keeping receivers out of any possible injury situation.

He purposely ignores a section of the field and that allows defenses to not have to account for that possibility. 

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

I think Rodgers has been different since Finley got injured, in regards to ignoring the middle of the field. Good or bad, I think he's overly concerned about keeping receivers out of any possible injury situation.

He purposely ignores a section of the field and that allows defenses to not have to account for that possibility. 

Interesting hypothesis.  It would be interesting to have a reporter ask about that, though I doubt he would give an informative answer.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Plenty of us saw that #12's value would never be any higher and it was best to trade him a year too early than a year too late.  Well, here we are and it might be too late to get a huge return now.

Yes.  I agree.

But, in the history of the NFL, no reigning MVP had ever been traded.  Let alone a 2X reigning MVP.  Don't give me any of this Russell Wilson bs, he's never even received an MVP vote, let alone the award.

So, it is fun to say we should have done that, and yeah, I agree.  But, it would have been a historic move, one that we had never seen before in the NFL.  It just was not something that was remotely plausible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  I agree.

But, in the history of the NFL, no reigning MVP had ever been traded.  Let alone a 2X reigning MVP.  Don't give me any of this Russell Wilson bs, he's never even received an MVP vote, let alone the award.

So, it is fun to say we should have done that, and yeah, I agree.  But, it would have been a historic move, one that we had never seen before in the NFL.  It just was not something that was remotely plausible.

I don't think we've ever seen an MVP/2x MVP who had such a public dispute with management, who had just drafted his potential successor, was 38 years old, and whose team was this up against it cap-wise. It was quite the unprecedented scenario.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Striker said:

I don't think we've ever seen an MVP/2x MVP who had such a public dispute with management, who had just drafted his potential successor, was 38 years old, and whose team was this up against it cap-wise. It was quite the unprecedented scenario.

I'll add this...

And whose "successor" had showed very little development at the time when it came to negotiate with Rodgers.