Wildcard Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

Purdy's ceiling really is Tony Romo and I'm fine with that.

Not saying I expect it, but I see no reason he can’t be elite. It’s about more than just arm strength or elite speed or size. If he see’s the field well, can become even more accurate, and is as smart as he seems and gets an even better grasp of the offense, there is no real ceiling. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John232 said:

The arm strength seems to be enough, that’s the important thing. Doesn’t seem like he’ll be limited. He’s picture perfect for this scheme otherwise. And his ability to create, huge 

Regardless of what happens the rest of the way this seems like the first offseason since the Steve Young days where the QB position is not an issue heading into the new season. Btw Steve Young didn't have a strong arm and I was more than happy with him especially in 1994!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Omenihu has been unreal today. Playing lights out.

Come on defense, get one more stop and hold these dudes to 17 points. 

He was also fantastic last year against Tyron Smith in the Dallas game when Bosa went out 

• Like 1

Just now, sherm said:

We should enjoy this playoff run. We have all off-season to pick sides lol. 

Basically the agenda in the offseason is to pick a QB b/t Purdy/Lance and improve the secondary e.g. CB's. I remember in 92/93 the Niners were set at QB but didn't have a defense that could stop the Cowboys in the NFC title game and thus they went out and got Richard Dent, Gary Plumber, Ken Norton Jr & most importantly Deion Sanders. Speaking of secondary I've never been comfortable with the secondary since the 1994 season with Deion, Eric Davis, Merton Hanks & Tim McDonald!