Wildcard Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

Looks like we will be getting the Saturday 1:30 slot against our divisional nemesis. 

Offensively, we need to continue doing what we have been doing and pound the ball with CMC/Mitchell. CMC didn’t have an easy night in the last meeting and our offense as an whole didn't play great. Purdy got away with a few that could have turned the game in Seattle's favor. Should be another big Kittle game. 

Defensively, we have got to defend the deep ball better. Lenoir will be matched with Lockett and that's not a good match up for us. I suspect Ward to travel with DK and he should be able to hold his own. Both players will win their fair share of battles. Walker ran the ball well today and we need to be able to shut that down and make Seattle one dimensional. 

If it rains then weird things can happen but this should be our game by the 2nd half.

SF 30

SEA 17

• Like 2

Teams sweeping division opponents are 14-9 in the playoffs including our loss last year with the Rams. 

That's basically the same winning percentage as the second highest franchise playoff winning percentage 

The three game thing isn't a real thing for people concerned

• Like 5

Run the ball and we will win! Sea is one of the worse run def team. CMC, Mitchell, TDP and Mason. Get all of them involved. Even get Deebo and Ray Ray some jet sweeps 

Def we will have to be smart with Lenoir and coverage. Get after Geno and contain him, he’s still a mobile qb and we struggle against them. Walker is playing well, but our run def is playing great. 

• Like 5

Our defense faltered heavily against Stidham and had some brain farts today too. I think Rodgers would have exploited that for sure and made it a competitive game

Lions are also a scrappy and aggressive team. Would have been competitive too

We handled the Hawks first time around and should have handled them 2nd time around too, they had some lucky breaks go their way. EG Hufanga had a 1st quarter FF that the Hawks recovered, got a questionable RTP call that negated a pick 6, Gould missed a FG, etc. Diggs dropped a Purdy INT though

This is the best matchup we could have asked for, and we SHOULD win. Any given sunday, but i like our chances 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

319a9568cd419f76891ef5da61422972.jpg

"SQUAWK. It's what's for dinner."

49ers should easily win this one. Seahawks have Lockett back, but the 49ers have Deebo and Mitchell back. Everyone is healthy, game is at home, and even with a rookie QB making his first start, the 49ers should dominate Seattle. 

49ers 35 Seahawks 16

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

319a9568cd419f76891ef5da61422972.jpg

"SQUAWK. It's what's for dinner."

49ers should easily win this one. Seahawks have Lockett back, but the 49ers have Deebo and Mitchell back. Everyone is healthy, game is at home, and even with a rookie QB making his first start, the 49ers should dominate Seattle. 

49ers 35 Seahawks 16

Don't think it will be that easy. Not by a long shot.

Hawks are playing with house money. They can throw caution to the wind and really say "**** it" in conventional situations.

NOBODY expected them to be in this situation. Those type of teams are always the most dangerous teams to face in one-and-done scenarios.

Divisional opponents are always tougher to beat in these situations as well. 

I am not nearly as confident as most with this match-up

It's a perfect storm of familiarity and rivalry that could give us all kinds of problems

We should win..

BUT I don't believe for a second that this will be some sort of cakewalk. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Teams sweeping division opponents are 14-9 in the playoffs including our loss last year with the Rams. 

That's basically the same winning percentage as the second highest franchise playoff winning percentage 

The three game thing isn't a real thing for people concerned

I mean can't you look at it this way in terms of the teams sweeping in the regular season being 46-0 and then being only 14-9 in the playoffs? Win percentage of 100% compared to only 60.8%???? 😁.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean can't you look at it this way in terms of the teams sweeping in the regular season being 46-0 and then being only 14-9 in the playoffs? Win percentage of 100% compared to only 60.8%???? 😁.

Touche 😂

Hmmmmmm...upon further review of this weekend's games, I think I am glad the Lions were eliminated. Also glad they eliminated the Pack for us.  Why am I glad the Lions are eliminated? That D was scrappy and relentless vs. Rodgers. I thought the Pack's Oline was better than it played last night. Rodgers looked downtrodden and frustrated often. 

I always like to give Pete Carol the boot. I think this was the best scenario for us as the Seahawks are less talented overall than I think both the Lions and Packers. 

• Like 4

So with Dallas/TB being played on Monday night, the winner will be playing next Sunday. If the Giants upset the Vikings, we will be playing the winner of Dallas/TB on Sunday but if the Vikings win, we will be playing another Saturday game the following week...Likely a Saturday night game. And if we win that game, we will have an additional day for the conference cship game and that can end up paying huge dividends. Basically, we need to handle business and hope the Giants don't upset the Vikings. 

• Like 1