It's absurd a team as horrible as the Packers almost made the playoffs

Towerbridge

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

The 2011 Broncos beat a better team than the Packers in the Steelers, and I assumed we were talking full strength teams so had Tyrod starting for the Bills. Both teams had good rushing attacks, a weakness of the Packers. Plus GB were uninspired and sluggish all season.

The fact they probably lose is the worst part, it means a 12+ win 2 seed has to waste time beating the snot out of the 7 seed, potentially getting season ruining injuries instead of a well-earned bye.

Now they’re playing on Monday too, so one team will be playing off a short week in the second round. It dilutes the product, and was quite obviously cynically done for advertising revenue, combine that with the hypocritical preaching about player safety, and ruining the neat maths, and it’s an awful decision.

A huge playoffs upset by a bad team it can happen especially when you're at home, but the biggest problem is that when that happens, their game the week after, they get crushed like crazy like the 2010 seahawks and 2011 broncos and the game becomes unwatchable

Yeah, I was about to say.  There are teams in the playoffs higher than the 7th seed that I wouldn't necessarily say are better than the Packers.  Giants are on about the same level.  Vikings too.  Seahawks kinda suck over the last month and a half, I'd have much rather seen the Packers or Lions in the playoffs.  Tampa sucks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Worse/comparable teams that are currently in the playoffs:

• Tampa Bay
  • New York Giants
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • Miami Dolphins

Really, the Packers aren't a super terrible team. The NFL right now is filled with mediocre teams and they're definitely one of them.

You can add Minnesota to this list as well. 

BUF, KC, CIN, SF, PHI, DAL 

and then everyone else 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, August4th said:

the 7th seed being added does not bother me tbh people should start warming up to the idea of a 8th seed and 18 gm season when the next CBA comes around lol

I mean, if the game sucks, I just won't watch it. 

If a mediocre team runs the gauntlet of the NFL playoffs and super bowl and wins it all, at that point they earned it. What do I care? 

It's weird that we love it when a 12 seed makes a deep run in the NCAA tournament but we are out on it when a 9-8 team does the same thing in the NFL. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, if the game sucks, I just won't watch it. 

If a mediocre team runs the gauntlet of the NFL playoffs and super bowl and wins it all, at that point they earned it. What do I care? 

It's weird that we love it when a 12 seed makes a deep run in the NCAA tournament but we are out on it when a 9-8 team does the same thing in the NFL. 

I've never once understood the feigned outrage over one team or another making the playoffs. 

It makes no sense to me whatsoever. 

People just need something to complain about. It's the only answer.

• Like 1

With #5 and #6 seeds winning as often as they have in the past 20 years, I think #7 was probably appropriate. They have to stop there though. 16 teams would be going full NBA or NHL. Keep a single bye team and make it mean something to earn that bye. I don't think they'll go to 8 teams per conference any time soon.