2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't see the Lions doing that. Just signed two good younger guys and its a deep CB draft. If he were available before we signed Sutton/Moseley, it might have been more realistic. Now, they have other needs.

I don't totally agree with this. It's unlikely, sure, but Okudah is a big question mark. Even with Sutton and Mosley now on the roster, they aren't totally set when it comes to depth. Slay can still play at a high level, it's just going to be short term. 

If you can lock down this secondary group:

LCB - Slay, Jacobs

SCB - Sutton, Lucas

RCB - Mosley, Okudah

We'd have the starters and the depth to deal with the NFC. Mosley is coming off of an injury. We really only have two guys signed into next year. 

19 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't totally agree with this. It's unlikely, sure, but Okudah is a big question mark. Even with Sutton and Mosley now on the roster, they aren't totally set when it comes to depth. Slay can still play at a high level, it's just going to be short term. 

If you can lock down this secondary group:

LCB - Slay, Jacobs

SCB - Sutton, Lucas

RCB - Mosley, Okudah

We'd have the starters and the depth to deal with the NFC. Mosley is coming off of an injury. We really only have two guys signed into next year. 

We can still use depth, agreed. I don't see us spending more on the position than they can for a rookie contract. Slay is reportedly looking for 3 yrs fully guaranteed. Holmes isn't going to do that. He hasn't done that yet. No one is doubting Slays talent and ability, financially, I don't see it happening. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Bucs resigned Lavonte David for $7m. We really couldn't give him $8 as a clear upgrade on Anzalone?

You're assuming he'd have left for $1MM extra from a team he played for his whole career. I doubt it. 

As a one year rental, if I'm the Lions, actually probably wouldn't have pursued it.

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

I think we need a tall, big bodied receiver to replace Chark's X role. Someone who can beat press man without motioning. In the first that'd be Quinton Johnston. In later rounds, I'll have to do some research.

Andrei Iosivas