2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Jamaal is someone you need to help build the culture. Now that the culture is established, is he as necessary in the locker room? At the end of the day, we are better at rb.

Like I have said, I'm good with the Montgomery signing, he'll upgrade the position. But lets not start acting like Jamaal wasn't a leader. You can be happy with the move and agree that we lost something too. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Like I have said, I'm good with the Montgomery signing, he'll upgrade the position. But lets not start acting like Jamaal wasn't a leader. You can be happy with the move and agree that we lost something too. 

Yeah, wasn’t suggesting you were saying otherwise. I was actually really asking the question. The loss sucks and he was a leader. BUT… is he as necessary now that the culture is established?

I'm not sure. We're still in the building mode even though we are really close to a complete team. Yes, MCDC is a leader, but he's preaching player accountability, so much so its one of their marketing points in their PR videos. So letting go of one of those leaders on the field will be something to keep an eye on. 

• Like 1

Every guy on that field is a professional. The only ones they look up to are the elites. I don't think Jamaal is as much of a leader on the field as you think he is. He's cool for the fans. But I doubt he brings anything to the team as far as the sport goes. 

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Reportedly, Vaitai has nerve damage in his back. I think Glasgow is the pencilled in started between Ragnow and Sewell. Vaitai cut will help pay for Glasgow. 

Glasgow hasn't been good the last couple of years, but hopefully he gets back to his Detroit days.  I am guessing we still draft someone to learn for a year and if he beats out Glasgow, then so be it.  I like the one year deals for sure.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Glasgow hasn't been good the last couple of years, but hopefully he gets back to his Detroit days.  I am guessing we still draft someone to learn for a year and if he beats out Glasgow, then so be it.  I like the one year deals for sure.  

Absolutely 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I haven't heard much about back-up QB.  Maybe they are letting the dust settle on free agency.

Brad Holmes mentioned specifically that he did not want to wait until the end of the offseason to address backup QB like they did last season. But I don't think he's going to spend alot on the position. I think he'll wait until after the draft to see if they draft a QB and if someone is cut from another team. The pickings right now are kind of scarce. 

Edited by Louis Friend

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Brad Holmes mentioned specifically that he did not want to wait until the end of the offseason to address backup QB like they did last season. But I don't think he's going to spend alot on the position. I think he'll wait until after the draft to see if they draft a QB and if someone is cut from another team. The pickings right now are kind of scarce. 

Dan Campbell also said at the combine that they are definitely looking at QBs but just have to decide when in the draft it makes sense and that they know Goff isn't going to be here forever.  Holmes also mentioned wanting to get a QB to develop which means a younger QB at least that has room for growth.  I'd fully expect us to take one in the draft, especially with the holes filled in FA that we did. 

• Like 2