TEN fires OC Todd Downing & OL coaches & secondary coach

Broncofan

Give credit where it's due - those units were supremely awful this year.    Along with the GM, those assistants got nothing from the players.    

Think that leaves Matt Canada and Pete Carmichael as the OC's with the hot seat to survive Black Monday (sounds like Carmichael is going to make it).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Think that leaves Matt Canada and Pete Carmichael as the OC's with the hot seat to survive Black Monday (sounds like Carmichael is going to make it).

Mike LaFleur is probably on the hot seat for no touchdowns for weeks.

58 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And if the Ravens weren't playing next weekend, Greg Roman would be on the chopping block. As soon as they lose, I expect an announcement 12 hours later.

An announcement that he's been promoted to HC, right? 🤔

• Like 2

"I want to thank Todd, Keith, Anthony and Erik for their service and commitment to our team over their time here in Tennessee," Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said in a statement. "Each of them made an impact on our organization, were dedicated to the process and loyal members of our coaching staff."

Look, I like Vrabel and all, but this is corporate cringe right here. Don't say the coaches you fired were "loyal".

I just wish GMs and head coaches were more honest and said "Guy got a DUI on Thanksgiving and the offense looked like crap under him, of course he was fired."

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think I can safely say, the DUI had nothing to do with his firing.

DUI is never ok.   But given he injured no one (which doesn’t excuse it),  I think he caused more damage to Titans fans mental health watching his play calling the past 2+ seasons.  

Edited by Broncofan

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And if the Ravens weren't playing next weekend, Greg Roman would be on the chopping block. As soon as they lose, I expect an announcement 12 hours later.

You’ve been beating this drum for years. Stop trying to make fetch happen Gretchen! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

DUI is never ok.   But given he injured no one (which doesn’t excise it),  I think he caused more damage to Titans fans mental health watching his play calling the past 2+ seasons.  

I can honestly say he’s one of the worst play callers I’ve ever seen and he just has nothing about him personality wise to excite anyone, especially the fans. The words absolutely atrocious don’t even begin to explain how bad he has been. So pleased this has happened quickly. 

Just now, Titansfan said:

I can honestly say he’s one of the worst play callers I’ve ever seen and he just has nothing about him personality wise to excite anyone, especially the fans. The words absolutely atrocious don’t even begin to explain how bad he has been. So pleased this has happened quickly. 

Raider fans agree.

We watched Todd 4thDown-and turn a top 5ish offense from 2016 into one of the worst in 2017 and we actually had more talent that year.

He should never get anywhere close to another OC job. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Raider fans agree.

We watched Todd 4thDown-and turn a top 5ish offense from 2016 into one of the worst in 2017 and we actually had more talent that year.

He should never get anywhere close to another OC job. 

Yeah it’s a decision that has helped to set back the offence years I reckon. We had a very good offence under Smith and the last two years the offence has regressed each time. Very bad decision and very frustrating. Was a horrible hire but glad he’s gone.